Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Summary of Position:
The Desktop Engineer role is to support and maintain computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals within the organization so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The Desktop Engineer will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user assistance where required. The Desktop Engineer is also responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
Strategy & Planning
• Works as part of Information Technology team to accomplish Association goals. Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture.
• Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
• Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Acquire and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop and mobile device problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, mobile devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding problems related to desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
• Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
• Monitor and ensure that security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions are installed, updated and functioning.
• Administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
Essential Technical Skills/Experience:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related fields or equivalent knowledge and/or 3 years work experience.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office applications, iOS, Android, Microsoft Office 365
• Certifications (preferred but not required): Microsoft Windows Desktop Certification, CompTIA A+
Apply by creating/using account