Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Financial Services Client
$160K-$180K base (total comp $200K-$250K)
Sr. Network Engineer
Primary Job Description:
Senior Network Engineer is responsible for architectural design, development, integration and operation of existing and future complex, cross-functional, comprehensive network infrastructures to deliver performance, availability and resource utilization, leveraging state-of-the-art technology. Actively participates and collaborates with various groups across enterprise to coordinate infrastructure
solutions to meet technology, regulatory and security challenges including competitive opportunities and situations.
· Works with the team to evolve the long-term architecture in collaboration with stakeholders, partners and customers; participates in developing the ongoing strategic vision.
· Participates in the evaluation of emerging technologies on an ongoing basis, determines needs and makes recommendations for new technologies and vendor solutions based on network vision and strategy, leveraging latest industry developments.
· Drives implementation of proof-of-concepts and lab trials from concept to delivery with an emphasis and focus on emerging technologies.
· Provides subject matter expertise in interactions with engineering, stakeholders and partners;
program-manages collaboration projects internally and externally.
· Collaborates with our high-performing network engineering team and works to achieve departmental and/or project-oriented goals.
· Embeds Information Security and Risk Management principles within culture requiring continuous improvement to complex functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets. Drives coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate risk, issues and emerging threats in mission-critical environments.
· Perform trading, client facing and corporate network, FW and infrastructure changes. Participates in 24x7 operations of colo and enterprise-wide network infrastructure.
Experience and skillset required:
· Extensive knowledge and experience on routing, switching and multicast – design, configuration, troubleshooting and best practices.
· Knowledge and experience on TCP/IP, latency monitoring concepts, packet capture analysis, Network security and Firewalls/VPNs.
· Datacenter build out, datacenter operation would be plus.
· Knowledge of Corporate wireless access, Netscaler/DNS/load balancing and Citrix, and security practices would be plus.
· Must have Visio and documentation skills.
· Team and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, adaptable and easy to work with.
· Technical maturity to operate in highly controlled environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Effective and responsive interaction with both internal teams and external clients.
· Ability to understand complex networking and business concepts and translate them into clear, concise and complete solutions.
Apply by creating/using account