Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Candidate experience should include:
1. AML investigations experience,
2. Fraud investigations experience
3. EDD experience
4. Customer Risk Ratings
4. Other direct AML experience, including law enforcement experience in investigating financial crimes
5. Economic Sanctions investigations experience with some AML background
Position reports to a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Team Leader in AML Operations.
Responsible for performing independent reviews and analysis of possible suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act. Provides research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) alerts and cases and accurately and sufficiently documents analysis and findings in the bank's case management system. Additionally, may complete defined tasks to support the creation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other relevant documentation related to non-SAR filing decisions. Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented in SAR forms or within various database. Recommends course of action for most events, but may seek guidance from a manager or higher level investigator when analysis identifies unusual or uncommon situations.
Reviews less complex and risky client situations and provides findings to management to evaluate potential risk to the Bank. This position typically serves as an entry level AML Investigator.
Performs AML alert and case review including research to determine whether suspicious activity exists. Works within established FIU performance timeframes and in accordance with quality standards set forth within the FIU procedures. Researches and evaluates AML risks for alerts and cases involving transactions sourced to the automated AML detection and alerting system. Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented.
Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners to obtain and validate client information. Maintains the ability to provide good customer service. Requires close working relationships with Financial Crime Risk Management business partners.
Department support, as assigned.
· Minimum of 4 years direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
· Good organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
· Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
· Good analytical skills required.
· Basic working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; knowledge of monitoring of high risk customer accounts is preferred.
· CAMS certification is desirable.
· Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training.
Apply by creating/using account