Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Infinity Consulting Solutions (ICS) is currently seeking a Java Application Support Analyst for a new contract position with one of our clients in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Description: Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support team members. Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines. Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and or acting as a subject matter expert. In depth Functional knowledge of the application(s) supported and interdependencies.
Additional Skills: The Java Application Support Analyst within a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure.
Application Support Analyst handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Application Support Analyst will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task and can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage.
The application support analysts will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model , some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners.
• Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages
• Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives
• Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
• Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring
• Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
• Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients
• Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution
• Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in Production Support/Engineering.
• 5+ years experience managing UNIX/Linux/Aix environment.
• 5+ years experience with distributed applications (Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, UNIX, Linux, Java, Java servlets and JSP, Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, web services etc.)
• 1-3 years experience in UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar scripting languages.
• 1-3 years experience utilizing scheduler software such Control-M or Autosys
• 1-3 years experience apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
• Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.
• Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
• Knowledge of Splunk, WILY, Geneos, Dynatrace is a plus.
• Knowledge working in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
• Experience working with scheduling tools like Autosys/Control-M is a plus.
• Experience supporting mission-critical platforms/applications desirably in financial services industry,
• Experience in a client facing role (external or internal)
• Strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology
Apply by creating/using account