Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under the overall direction of CLIENT's SVP & Chief Risk Officer, the Director, Corporate Insurance initiates and manages all of CLIENT's insurance and risk financing needs through loss analysis, risk reviews, and retention studies as well as reviews of regulatory and legal requirements which are necessary to preserve all of CLIENT's assets. The Director, Corporate Insurance Management is the principal person responsible for the development, recommendation and administration of risk management programs to maintain maximum protection of the corporation's assets at the most competitive rates. The position is responsible for managing all business processes and establishing and supporting Company policy for Insurance and Claims functions.
· Set the strategic direction for risk management issues that directly impact CLIENT by identifying, evaluating, mitigating and monitoring the Company's aggregate risks
· Lead a team of 3 risk management professionals in providing outstanding service to each of the Company's operating divisions, while managing employee development and performance, salary administration, succession planning and workload balancing.
· Direct the execution and placement of all insurance program strategies including workers compensation, general liability, umbrella, property, cyber, auto, D&O, employment practice, fiduciary, pollution/environmental, professional and crime policies, etc.
· Manage the company's entire insurance program, ensuring the highest quality and most appropriate coverages on the most cost-effective basis
· Develop and deliver formal presentations of the Company's risk profile and insurance programs
· Lead the development, review, and presentation of quarterly insurance claims balance sheet reserve analysis in conjunction with the Company's outside actuary and the in-house Accounting Department
· Oversee the Company's in-house claims processing function and team, including both liability and workers' compensation claims
· Ensure compliance with industry practice and market requirements involving all aspects of Company's business insurance
· Collaborate across all businesses to support the insurance requirements of each unit and division
· Inspire confidence and collaboration among all corporate constituents. Partner as needed with Legal, Accounting, and individual business division leaders
· Select and manage vendor services, programs and standards
· Manage the total cost of risk, develop budgets and forecasts; establish and manage departmental budgets and resources, explaining variances and related reporting
· Define and maintain enhanced, scheduled and appropriate communications to all related parties
· Assess the need for a captive insurance program, and other risk optimization tools and metrics that will improve the Company's management of risk
· Manage third party administrators and insurance broker relationships and performance
· Oversee the insurance certificate tracking of the Company's vendors
· Enhance, maintain, and promote a risk-aware culture within all areas of the company
· Analyze and effectively report on risk management matters to the Company's senior leadership team
· Direct and perform acquisition and divestiture due diligence analysis
· Contact and interface with outside auditors.
· Analytical acumen; strong Accounting/Financial skills
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Demonstrated ability to influence and lead; Demonstrated leadership success
· Excellent project management skills with well-developed planning and organizational abilities
· Good understanding of insurance coverage issues and law
· Successful track record navigating multiple constituencies
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects.
· Expert understanding of insurance coverage (Policies, Claims Management, etc.); solid understanding of all policy language and coverages
· Strong negotiation and presentation skills
· Key awareness of new insurance products, insurance industry and brokerage industry developments
· High level of personal motivation/self-starter
· 'Hands-on' orientation.
· 10 to 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the insurance risk management function of a utility
· Experience with alternative forms of risk transfer, sophisticated tools and metrics used in the management of the Company's risks and insurance programs
· Extensive experience with insurance procurement and captive insurance programs
· Experience in reviewing operational contracts
· Excellent understanding and experience in underwriting, claims and risk assessment principles
· Deep claims management experience
· Must have successfully managed through a period of significant organizational change, including acquisitions and divestitures and new systems implementation
· Approximately 15% travel within New York state
· Approximately 10% travel out of state relative to meeting with underwriters, attendance at seminars, or involvement with professional groups to keep abreast of industry trends and market conditions
Apply by creating/using account