Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Intelligent Solutions/Big Data Group is seeking a Senior Qlikview or Tableau Developer to join their team.
They are looking for someone who is a developer but has an artistic/user experience sense, so they know how things need to be presented and can drive that part. This person can then create a dashboard and understands how to troubleshoot performance issues. Especially with the big data technologies (They have impala, hive, hbase)
B.I. Developer, under the direction of the Business Analytics Executive Director, will be mainly responsible for the management of dashboard development, ensuring best practices are followed, and collaborating with the QV Administrators to enforce policies and processes are maintained.
The BI Developer will mainly be responsible for guiding and supporting team members with development of visualizations and data models. The BI Developer should be working in conjunction with B.I. Solutions Analysts on the ETL Process to complete the lifecycle of a project. Proactively build relationships with stakeholders and project sponsors to better educate self about the healthcare industry. In addition, continually maintain working knowledge of the toolsets used by the Corporate Analytics Team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Senior visualization developer with extensive finance industry experience in creating and implementing effective strategies/solutions for developing Business Intelligence/Data, Ware- housing (BI/DW), client/server applications, aspects of database management systems, development and complete Project Life Cycle in Data Warehousing
• Expertise in providing end to end BI solutions by configuring metadata and building Dimensional Modeling designs, building business models, generating reports, Visualization and develop Complex, Interactive/Dynamic dashboards using latest Tableau version ( ver 10 ) or any other BI tools.
• Extensive experience in creating Tableau scorecards, Tableau dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots and geographical maps. Explicitly tableau caching and performance tuning.
• Experience configuring interactive dashboards with Drill-Down capabilities using global and local Filters.
• Expertise to build trend analysis dashboard using analytical functions.
• Create Reusable templates and framework that can be used to support Self-Serve Reporting and Dash boarding with the above tools. Fine tune/Enhance and Publish dashboards developed by Business groups to desktops of the intended users.
• Design and implement data solutions including data partitioning, data normalizing/de-normalizing, data aggregations, and ETL to support the data warehouse environment.
• Manage BI Analytics design with development, testing and rollout approach for various business integration opportunities.
• Support the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analyst with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designs visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to customers for feedback.
• Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples). Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL programming to develop Stored Procedures/Functions.
• Maintain and guide the technical architecture, standards and infrastructure of the technologies and tools used in the Data Warehouse program.
• Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views
• Provide an EDW foundation that will allow for a forward thinking analytical layer.
• Provide thought leadership with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
• Work Closely with business and hand hold them to develop dashboards catering to their business needs
• Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions
• Provide scoping and estimating on reporting activities.
• Present technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form.
• Work with business users to review and provide input into functional and non-functional requirements.
• Collaborating with other BI Analysts and Engineers around data/table structures in order to optimize for Tableau Dashboards and other self-service needs.
• Supporting peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results.
• Acting as mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the enterprise.
• Looking for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as a BI Analyst.
• Proficiency in agile, test driven, iterative, scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle
• Good analytical strengths, successfully worked through problems and implemented solutions in time
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (Nice to have):
• Familiarity with self-service BI products such as Qlikview, Spotfire, Power BI
Understanding of data challenges encountered by business users.
• Domain expertise to any of the following domains highly desired -Finance, Banking.
• Knowledge of statistics, algorithms
• Python, R programming, Ruby Rails
Experience of big data toolkits like Hadoop or Spark and/or NoSQL database
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account