Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under the direction of the Director of IT, Network Services, the IT Database Specialist installs, implements, maintains, and supports database software and application processes for the enterprise. This position provides ongoing supoort of packaged software systesm, database design, and technical services to users, administers database system operational processes, and prepares and maintains documentation related to database solutions. This position requires the individual to have an understanding of assigned database technologies and to assume responsibility for the successful completion of complex project tasks. The IT Database Specialist is also expected to perform with minimal supervision and to perform the technical and project mentoring and development of other staff involved in database support.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and manages databases for clinical and business applications, including but not limited, to Epic, and the Enterprise SQL database environment. Performs quality reviews on all database processes and technologies.
2. Mentors and develops the technical and project skill sets of other database support staff as assigned.
3. Participate in project tasks related to database services as required, meeting all project deadlines and deliverables.
4. Manage database technologies for one or more of the databases used in the enterprise: Epic Chronicles/Cache, Microsoft SQL.
a. Creation and maintenance of database tables and structures, including performance and capacity measurements and planning.
b. Manages the Clarity ETL process (Epic).
c. Support the import or extraction of downstream application data, ad-hoc user database requests, or reporting needs.
d. Work with reporting, export, and interface analysts, or other reporting resources on report development as required.
e. Works with system administrator on the installation and maintenance of the Epic and other system components related to database technologies.
f. Automation of database process around starting, stopping, and restart of database processes.
g. Create reports and automate error detection and alert processes that will be utilized in the on-going operation of the database systems.
6. Develops and documents procedures covering all aspects of enterprise-wide database administration.
7. Acts as a backup resource to other database staff as assigned.
8. Completes assigned Help Desk support tickets within IM Department standards.
9. Assumes on-call responsibility for database operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Master level skills in one or more relevant database technologies; including but not limited to Epic Chronicles/Cache, Microsoft SQL, or Oracle
2. Programming or scripting skills necessary to assist in database server and management tasks. This would include Unix or Windows shell scripting and database vendor specific tools as appropriate.
3. Familiarity with clinical and business applications and processes is desired.
4. Certification/Licensure/Registration: certification in specific database technologies is highly desired.
5. A Bachelor's Degree in information systems or a directly related field or equivalent work experience is required
6. 3+ years of experience in a complex healthcare enterprise applications environment, working with advanced skills with at least one of the database technologies in use at LCHC.
7. Experience in information systems within a health care provider organization is desired.
8. Analytical thinking for effective problem determination and the ability to work independently, make decisions under pressure, while providing timely and responsive services are the keys to this position.
9. Excellent time and project management skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, system diagnostic and communication (written and oral) are critical for success in this position.
10. Ability to mentor other team members.
1. May be required to work evenings, nights and weekends for problem resolution or project implementation tasks.
Apply by creating/using account