Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the VP of Product Development and internal stakeholders to formulate a business vision for functional improvements and new features within the product. This individual will be responsible for owning the requirements process and will lead the communication, facilitation and collaboration between the business users and IT.
We are looking for someone who is highly inquisitive and structured in gathering information. Knowledge of the energy industry is important along with demonstrated ability and willingness to proactively research and learn the energy settlements process.
Essential Functions and Duties
● Work with key project stakeholders and business people to formulate and document the business vision and scope of projects, including initial requirements for the development team.
● Translate requirements and results between development team and project stakeholders, ensuring an understanding at all points in the process.
● Break down technical and architectural complexities so that project stakeholders can easily understand any technical issues.
● Develop project details which include requirements, wireframes, testing scripts, release notes, and user guides.
● Develops business cases for new product development and product enhancements through facilitation of Product Advisory Group sessions
Required Skills/ Qualifications
● 8+ years in a Business Analyst and/or senior role.
● Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Accounting related field is preferred.
● Some knowledge of either the energy trading industry, and/or the settlements process.
● Strong analytical experience and understanding of oil & gas technology processes used for information and data.
● Experience identifying and modeling process, data, business rules, and test requirements.
● Experience facilitating requirements sessions, scoping projects, writing use cases, and improving business processes.
● Creating current and future state business process flow diagrams
● Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
● Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
● Experience in the energy industry – specifically, experience executing process improvement or automated parts of the Oil and Gas (Crude, Refined Products, NGL) settlement process.
● Technical experience or training in computer science related fields.
● Being knowledgeable includes having a thorough understanding of standards, processes, procedures and best practices.
● Use your skills to effectively solve new challenges as they arise and successfully find and obtain additional information/solutions when needed.
● May have previously served as a Product Manager
To be successful, you are:
● Results focused and resourceful. You are eager to enhance your skills to take your career to the next level.
● Pragmatic. You fail fast and iterate quickly
● Entrepreneurial. You find opportunity where others don't.
● Personable. Don't be 'that' coworker.
● Open Minded. You know there are many avenues to success.
● Interested in pushing wholesale energy trading to the next level.
● In every role individuals have the ability to inspire, motivate and support others. As team members, we provide constructive feedback to each other and help others to succeed.
● We actively contribute to a culture of positivity and enthusiasm.
● In formal leadership roles, we inspire confidence, serve as a source of professional knowledge, and provide effective real‐time coaching to others to improve performance and help them to progress beyond their current role.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account