Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Leading Investment Managment firm is seeking a Technical Business Analyst:
The desired candidate will work as a developer on our Asset and Liability Management (ALM) applications for the Global Liquidity Reporting Initiative (GLRI) program. The ALM platform is comprised of a large data warehouse built using Microsoft technologies used for optimizing Net Interest Income and for reporting to senior/executive management as well as regulatory bodies (e.g. Basel III, LCR and 5G, CCAR, Client). Working on this platform, the candidate will get exposure to many different aspects of the firm's business and have a unique opportunity to learn very broadly through data about the business.
The candidate will work closely with our Technology Teams in India, New York, Manchester and Pittsburgh. The candidate will do the development and systems analysis for various projects to continue building out, maintaining, and supporting this critical platform. This will involve:
• Development work related to GLRI, which will include data sourcing, data tagging, reporting and the building out of data sets.
• Application development to support new features, requests, fixes, etc, for the existing development queue and new projects as needed.
• Be able to read, understand and perform fixes to code in support of daily regulatory reports.
• Work on new business, both project related and course of business.
Job holder must have experience with best-in-class methods, tools and techniques for software development in a large data warehouse environment. This includes Java, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, UNIX/Linux and Jaspersoft Reporting. S/he must be able to work with the Application Development QA Team to develop testing scripts. S/he must be proactive in finding solutions and able to work well with other Development resources, both onshore and offshore, to provide timely and accurate implementations.
The preferred candidate will have the following experience, knowledge, and skills:
• Experience working within global teams across different locations
• Experience working with large volumes of data within a data warehouse
• Working knowledge of data warehouse technical concepts and designs
• Working knowledge of technical concepts and designs for business intelligence & adhoc/query reporting – Hadoop and Jaspersoft Reporting
• Java and UNIX/Linux background for integration of Hadoop and Jaspersoft reporting into other areas of BNY Mellon
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SSIS stack
• Advanced knowledge and extensive experience working with SQL
• Experience working with offshore development teams
• Excellent oral and Written communication skills
• Advanced skills working with Microsoft Excel
• Financial industry knowledge, especially as it relates to a balance sheet, is preferred. This includes the types of instruments held by a banking institution for its day to day operations.
In addition to domain and technical expertise, this individual is an expert in prioritization and management. S/he demonstrates a deep understanding of end-to-end operation flows across multiple system applications, expertise and experience with Software Development Life Cycle processes and methodologies, extensive leadership skills, and a deep understanding of application architecture is desired.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account