Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SharePoint Systems Engineer
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience
• 3-5+ years of direct work related experience Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates critical thinking abilities
• Possesses and applies both specific and broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures or the field of specialization to complete assignments
• Exhibits behaviors and attitudes that contribute to collaboration and teamwork
• Demonstrates autonomy for execution of routine problems and issues
• Builds and maintains relationships that support the work of the Bank
Minimum of one year as a developer supporting SharePoint and related out-of-the-box site enhancement tools (e.g., SharePoint Client Object Model, InfoPath forms, and Nintex Workflow).
• Hands-on experience with SharePoint features (e.g., SharePoint security, web parts, site collections, content deployment, Excel Services, Business Data Catalog, site columns, content types, native and custom workflows, advanced search); working knowledge of related technologies is desirable (e.g., SQL Server, Internet Information Server, and Active Directory).
• Strong customer service and excellent business analysis, negotiation, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required. Must be able to work with technical and non-technical teams and with customers of diverse academic, cultural, and professional backgrounds.
• Thorough understanding of SharePoint 2013.
• Required ability to work in a highly collaborative team as well as to focus independently with minimal supervision to estimate and prioritize work to meet project milestones and deadlines.
This position is responsible for implementing enhancements to the computing environment, including programming, installation and solutions engineering. Responsibilities include utilizing technical knowledge to plan, design, and deliver Nintex, SharePoint solutions. May provide work direction and assignment as well as training to lower level employees. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under general supervision. This job does not have any direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports moderately complex day-to-day operations and engineering activities including, but not limited to SharePoint, Nintex and other middleware products.
• Responsible for the reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of SharePoint, Nintex and other middleware products.
• Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves issues within the computing environment
• Analyzes, defines, develops, and implements new and existing system and server requirements
• Researches, designs, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software enhancements for the server and middleware environment to management
• Installs, configures, administers, and maintains hardware and software enhancements for the server and middleware environment
• Implements and maintains system standards, processes and security specifications
• Participates on and leads projects and assignments
• Monitors and tests middleware performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement fixes
• Creates and reviews test documentation for moderately complex servers and systems
• Writes and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Participate in team on-call rotation
• Work with teams to identify opportunities where SharePoint can provide business process improvements, and translate those into concrete improvements that leverage SharePoint.
• Collaborate with customers with SharePoint custom workflow apps to plan, develop, support, and improve the performance of their apps.
• Contribute to the ongoing, daily support of SharePoint within Chicago branch, including service requests and incident tickets.
• Work with customers, SharePoint colleagues, technical staff, and project managers to identify and prioritize projects and initiatives to support our center's mission.
• Gather requirements for, plan, and implement sustainable, scalable solutions using out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality and where appropriate, custom development using Nintex workflows or InfoPath forms, Excel Services, or Access Services.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account