Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Application Developer
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for the design, build and maintain policy administration systems using proprietary software. The candidate should be able to lead a team of internal and external resources to implement solutions depending on project needs.
The Senior Application Developer installs software applications and components and is able to integrate such components. Creates written specifications with pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flows. The candidate should have a strong understanding of insurance, and ideally experience with the Duck Creek suite of products, a policy administration software, or a willingness to learn both.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5+ years
Required Travel: No travel required
· Build and maintain insurance systems targeting direct to consumer portals, internal users and third party brokers
· Designs system integrations via Web Services, RESTful services and other technologies
· Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
· Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
· Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
· Create technical specifications and test plans
· Create new and extend existing operational documentation
· Consult closely with management and occasionally agency staff related to projects and tasks
· Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
· Takes the lead on projects while working with Developers to design and architect solutions
· Successful candidates will likely have more than 5 years of experience in a professional capacity
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
· Experience in the following technologies with a min of 3 years in: C#, MVC 3 or 4, ASP.NET
· Entity Framework, Hibernate, or other Object/Relational Mapping frameworks
· SQL Server, Oracle or other relational databases
· SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and SSIS
· Experience in the following products from Client Duck Creek preferred: Policy Administration, Billing and Claims
· Experience working with Agile methodologies.
· Experience working and integrating with Brokerage Management systems from Vertafore and Applied Systems a plus, but not required.
· SharePoint administration and development experience preferred.
· Test Driven Development experience and test frameworks.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM are a plus, but not required.
· Excellent analytical and technical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account