Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The User Interface (UI) Developer will perform analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of client's web-based application programs. The Developer assists the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications, and offers expertise regarding methods, standards and technical considerations for software applications. The UI Developer works in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal incumbent has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about engineering end-to-end technical solutions. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
How You Contribute:
* Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements.
* Crop, resize, and adjust images.
* Develop new user-facing features.
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
* Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
* Create and maintain technical and knowledgebase documentation.
* Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
* Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
* Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
What You Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
* 4-7 years of experience within IT, with 2+ years' of experience building component-based Single-Page Application (SPA) using Angular with Typescript.
o Interacting with third-party APIs, RESTful web services and developing Java based applications
o Agile methodology and working with Agile development teams.
o Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
* Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility (WCAG1/2), mobile responsive design, and usability.
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and independently.
* Strong analytical, communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work to effectively on team.
* Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
* Proficiency with modern frameworks such as React, Redux, Backbone, etc.
* Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
* Experience with user-centric design.
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
* Providing production support in an application development environment.
* Working knowledge of:
o UNIX/Linux servers and scripting.
o Full Stack Spring and Hibernate.
o XML and Web Service application development.
o Working in large data centric application environment and detailed understanding business tier modeling, data flows, data architecture and real-time/batch based processing.
* Proficiency with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them, and the practical application of SEO and browser-side performance considerations.
Apply by creating/using an account