Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Data Architect reporting to the Senior Manager of Database Services. This position will reside in Philadelphia and will be responsible for helping lead efforts to develop and maintain our corporate data warehouse environment including ETL and integration processes into and out of the data warehouse. He/she will be responsible for building and structuring the data warehouse to support the needs of the business. In addition, he/she will properly translate source target systems data into a dimensional data warehouse. The Data Architect will evaluate the company's current architecture and implement changes where necessary to adhere to industry standards and best practices for data warehouse design. The Data Architect will also be actively involved in the governance of business definitions, naming standards and data architecture, ensuring that all fields contain complete, well-formed and accurate definitions and conform to standard naming conventions and that the structure aligns with the design standards for best practices of the given component.
• Design, implement, document, monitor and maintain the Data Warehouse ETL processes including process timeliness, accuracy completeness and metadata.
• Collaborate with business intelligence architects and business units to deliver data required for BI platform.
• Perform data analysis, design, implementation, documentation, and maintain relational (normalized and de-normalized) and multi-dimensional data stores.
• Evaluate Data Warehouse processes for poorly performing, unnecessarily complex, difficult to maintain, or unstable processes or jobs and re-work, re-factor and simplify where possible.
• Maintain and publish architecture documents including data model diagrams, data integration coding standards, data dictionary and data mapping documents.
• Maintain and enhance the Enterprise Data Model to support business initiatives through careful and planned design while balancing model extensibility with performance.
• Define and implement data modeling standards and best practices for Data Warehouse object names, logical data models and physical object design.
• Support the processes to identify, capture and store data in the various Data Warehouse structures.
• Support applications used to operate the Data Warehouse.
• Assess all risks and offer mitigation strategies, communicating impacts to projects across multiple channels.
• Interpret client functional and informational needs and turn them into data requirements, process models, and active systems, for both Data warehouse and operational applications
• Support the ongoing architecture and development of the Month-End/Fiscal Year process.
•Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in data warehousing and business intelligence reporting
• Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS.
• Experience with conceptual and logical data modeling activities and good understanding of logical functional/data decomposition activities.
• Understanding of unstructured/NoSQL/MongoDB data a plus
• Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of hands-on experience using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS.
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting (SSRS).
•Experience with CI/CD implementation and process
• Experience in developing a semantic data layer for easy access of business users.
• Demonstrated experience in data warehousing principles, approaches, technologies and architectures such as Kimball and Inman.
• Strong SQL Server database background, with T-SQL, and tuning.
• Demonstrate exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and research advanced data technologies and concepts, learning new skills and emerging technology as necessary.
• Proficient in data modeling tools.
• Understanding of advanced SQL optimization and performance tuning.
• Ability to work in cross functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical terms.
• Ability to suggest best practices and work with developers to ensure best practices are performed for development of applications.
• Open, track and resolve problem issues with vendors. Develop, maintain, and review data processes and architecture.
•On-Call support rotation for Data Warehouse Nightly and Month-End closing process
Apply by creating/using an account