Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Position Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Experience Level: 10+ Years
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Skills Proficiency: Senior
Seeking a seasoned technical project manager who has qualified experience managing large firmwide multi-year, multi-team and multi-disciplinary technology projects involving the implementation of core technology and security infrastructure.
The qualified candidate brings the right kind of experience to the table so that on a day-to-day basis they will actively and effectively strike the appropriate balance between leading a project strategically while also knowing when to dig into the weeds. To that end, they are execution and delivery-focused and have a knack for leading projects, rather than only managing them, and fundamentally understand the difference.
This candidate understands the importance of both building their brand and relationships, and strives to do so by establishing themselves with key stakeholders as a reliable source of truth, developing a network, cultivating two-way trust amongst their colleagues and senior leadership, and partnering across a range of project contributors.
This PM will work with a range of engineers, operational support, risk officers and senior management globally spread out across different time zones to successfully deliver projects, establish necessary processes, and institute technology changes with firmwide impact.
This is a hands-on role which requires the PM to understand the subject matter from both a broad and detailed point of view, have excellent customer service and communication skills, diplomacy and influencing/negotiation skills, the ability to organize, coordinate and track many moving parts, manage vying priorities, and do so with proficiency in multi-tasking and self-prioritization. They will need to internalize the project objectives and sometimes apply out of the box thinking to accomplish the needful. Given the duration and impact of these projects, this will require commitment, resolve, and a good sense of humor never hurts.
The qualified PM is balanced with a confident can-do attitude but is not a yes-person. This PM will manage and be responsive to the day to day demands of the project, including ensuring commitments are met, deliverables and tasks are tracked, status is reported, risks/issues are appropriately communicated, and will escalate when (and to whom) warranted.
- Seasoned experience managing large/complex IT projects-Extensive depth in balancing strategic project leadership with daily project management
- Ability to lead with initiative-Perform as a project stakeholder, and partner with project contributors across technology disciplines
- In depth understanding of SDLC principles
- Manage the project plan, and track risks, issues, dependencies
- Excellent project scheduling and estimation skills
- Ensures plan is executing as needed, and escalates technical and procedural issues in a timely manner
- Diplomatic and influential
- Exercises pragmatism and an out-of-the-box approach to problem solving
- Excels in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
-Must be extremely detail-oriented, very organized and value the integrity of the data
- Maintains precise, accurate and timely meeting notes, and is adept at actively tracking/managing follow ups
- Proficiency in standard project management tools (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including effectively articulating the message in a clear and concise fashion which is audience appropriate
- Delivers management project status reports and presentations
- Customer service-oriented
- Facilitates budgeting/cost analysis/funding requests
- Facilitates cross-disciplinary coordination
- Facilitates the defining / revising of operational processes
Skills Strongly Desired:
- Host based and managed end point controls, Application Infrastructure
- IT Security, Cyber Security, Security Operations, Security Engineering
- Windows and Linux infrastructure knowledge
- Network infrastructure knowledge
-Knowledge of PMI approach and application in industry
- Natural curiosity
- Have an eye for consistency in reporting
Apply by creating/using an account