Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are seeking a Supervisor of Production Operations for our Secaucus, NJ office. In this position you will look after all facets of production, including machine insertion, manual insertion and our offline metering machines. You will lead the Client Mail (Insertion/Manual) teams in Secaucus to exceed client expectations and SLAs. You will ensure all testing is completed effectively with accurate documentation. You will monitor and address all inventory concerns with Account Management and Procurement as needed. You will design and implement daily production reports that monitor productivity, quality, unit costs and backlogs.
You will develop and implement strategies to improve PEQ (Productivity, Efficiency and Quality) as well as lead talent development of all associates. You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate staff levels are maintained, all associates are properly trained to perform their functions and that all SLAs are met expertly. You will work with third-party agencies to recruit temporary workers as needed, develop staff schedules, cross-train and evaluate staff performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Improving PEQ by working with all internal clients and external vendors; this includes but is not limited to Account Management, Quality Control, Print, Randstad, TMG, Logistics and Technical Support.
- Ensuring all equipment problems are addressed with the appropriate vendor (i.e. Gunther, Client, and Tech Support).**Please note that this is an overnight shift--midnight to 8am. This person will be paid a shift differential.
- Ensuring downtime is documented correctly for each instance.
- Providing technical assistance to operators with respect to resolving file problems, troubleshooting issues on the inserters, DFWorks, etc.
- Recommending and implementing cost containment initiatives to reduce expenses where possible.
- Improving Client Mail equipment utilization by keeping machines running and prioritizing work appropriately.
- Ensuring that multiple back-ups are available to support each function with Client Mail Insertion and Manual Distribution.
- Identifying key staff/top performers and implementing plans to help them reach their potential through various training and work assignments.
- Providing staff with performance feedback on a regular basis, ensuring performance deeply and accurately documented; manage personnel related issues.
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team in an energized environment, as well as 1-2 years of relevant print/mail, production or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of all Client Mail equipment and US Government Client regulations desired.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and ability to work effectively with all partners to resolve problems.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management at multiple levels.
- Solid organizational skills, effective multi-tasking, lead multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail when reviewing jobs before and after they are inserted to confirm quality standards are met.
Apply by creating/using an account