Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
At the client, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments—Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. The client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking Technology (GBT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm's WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (Client), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities-based loans and tailored lending. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBT is the place for you.
The Portfolio Manager has knowledge and functional experience in technology business management functions; including resource management, financial management, and support activities for a Development organization.
Responsible for supporting the overall management of multiple departments, including strategic planning, budgeting, key management reporting. This role requires very strong analytical capabilities – including ad hoc analysis with many variables, the ability to work independently achieving results within tight deadlines, and coordination across multiple teams.
Collaborate with IT Project Managers to ensure that the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and all project management governance processes are followed for all projects. This includes:
• Very strong analytical skills with ability to gather/synthesize information and summarize issues, while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to independently identify issues and anomalies, analyze possible resolutions, and recommend corrective course of action.
• Interface with Project Managers on project costing, budgeting, resource management, and work effort tracking.
• Ensure the necessary project and financial reviews take place throughout the lifecycle.
• Support tool enhancements to automate status reporting, documentation retention and enable more efficient project management.
• Assist in weekly and monthly portfolio reporting to generate Bank and Business unit reports.
• Review project status content and RAG statuses.
• Create suggestions for improvements to processes.
• Execute frequent reports to ensure departments (internal and external) are forecasted appropriately to work efforts and within budget to projects; partner with departments to resolve deviations from allocations.
• Determine cash and fiscal plans for vendor engagements (resource and software purchases) by facilitating the creation of wallets and TFRs (technology funding requests) as part of overall budget planning and maintenance.
• Coordinate Procurement and Legal reviews of vendor engagement SOWs.
• Perform annual planning and periodic forecasting of IT resources, projects and services; including hardware and software.
• Produce quantitative monthly financial review/analysis reports for programs with supporting qualitative commentary on financial variance to targets.
• Administer project related IT financial management across the project portfolio including monitoring actuals vs budget and determining project related corrective action where necessary.
• Develop Cost Transparency & Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
• Create periodic run rate analyses on project financials.
• Support hiring managers in the creation/review of critical hire justifications, job descriptions, forecasting to facilitate recruitment, onboarding of employee and consultant positions, manager changes, and resource off boarding.
• Compilation, administration, and delivery of team based and organization based rosters, trends, and resource ratios.
• Liaise with staffing vendors and Human Resources through the onboarding process.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel (including database queries and macros) and strong PowerPoint skills are essential.
• Minimum of 5+ years of Business Management and PMO experience.
• Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to operate and create results with limited oversight.
• Exceptional organizational, planning, and execution skills.
• Work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Capable of effectively meeting time-sensitive deliverables with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
• Outstanding written/verbal/ interpersonal/communication skills; ability to interact appropriately with all levels globally.
• Excellent people management skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
• PMP Certification
• Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology.
• Previous experience in the financial services field, with emphasis on banking/lending technology.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Apply by creating/using an account