Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The mainframe transformation domain lead is an individual contributor position that drives infrastructure architecture for the client and drives the initiatives for migration of legacy applications from mainframe to distributed environments. This person leads relevant transformation initiatives and maintains the mainframe-to-distributed target state architecture.
We are looking for a technology architect who is capable of building and leading adoption to next generation technology while also being cognizant of our existing business requirements. This role spans across regional boundaries to help ensure smooth transition and seamless integration of related applications and infrastructure from legacy mainframe to distributed and Client cloud platforms in Client's Global Consumer Business portfolio, delivering world-class stability while continuously driving efficiency that are metrics driven.
Ideal candidates will have mainframe experience coupled with broad architecture skills and specialists in the area they are being hired for. They will also need to have experience with the distributed environments. Matrixed into the Chief Architect, this person will work as part of the Chief Architects team to understand emerging business needs and opportunities for modernization that must be engineered and, if so, then engage the appropriate teams to lead the deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of relevant industry experience and a successful track record of delivering complex, high visibility projects and initiatives.
• Provide thought leadership for mainframe transformation domain architecture for GCB
• Create mainframe transformation blueprints and evolve them to adapt to changes in requirements and enterprise IT roadmaps
• Facilitate new technology adoption capabilities and understand financial or time-to-market benefit for the Consumer business and GCT
• Engage with GCT Product Engineering to perform comparative analysis, proof of concepts and other studies to assess viability of new infrastructure products on mainframe
• Interact with CIOs and their directs through formal and informal means via roadmap presentations, sector-wide road shows and CIOC presentations
• For all findings, understand cost to achieve against savings benefit and develop ROI report that is submitted to application owners
• Track savings actuals based on before/after analysis, ensuring confirmation via fincon
• Assess MIPS/DASD impact of divestiture or transformation, developing an estimate of reduced usage due to workload exiting the mainframe
• Continuous learning needed to assess new opportunities to reduce cost associated with the mainframe
• At least 15 years of experience enterprise level IT projects out of which at least 5 years should be with mainframe transformation related.
• At least 10 years of experience in leadership and/or management of relevant domain of technology
• Experience with successful modernization of mainframe platforms (service enablement, re-platforming, re-engineering, etc.)
• Experience with computing Return On Investment (ROI) for re-engineering or re-platforming projects
• Ability to design and develop implementable patterns for repeatable deployments for moving assets from legacy to cloud
• Experience with large scale complex application integration environments
• Experience with automation, orchestration, CI/CD
• Operations support experience on mainframe
• Experience with CICS, DB2, COBOL, batch programming, etc.
• Experience with Agile/JIRA and other DevOps tools and processes
• Ability to work in a lead architect role independently
• Experience managing program or driving architecture of transformation and migration of legacy mainframe to distributed platforms
• Experience with private and public cloud platforms and infrastructure as services (IaaS & PaaS)
• Ability to drive strategy through influence
• Ability to effect change
• Thought leadership in technology platforms transformation
• Ability to facilitate and corral cross matrix teams under one common goal
• Ability to effectively present and communicate target state architecture to business people and technologists
• Ability to handle conflicting ideas with emotional intelligence
• Experience with supporting operations on mainframe
• Experience with Agile and DevOps methods desired
• Experience with Amazon, Google or other external hosting products and services
• Experience with Middleware and Web integration technologies preferred but not essential
• Ability to lead innovation and explorations
• Strong customer and quality-focus is a must.
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making and influencing skills required.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
• Excellent English communication skills both written and oral.
• Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
• Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities with no or very little guidance.
Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or other related or equivalent work experience.
Apply by creating/using an account