Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Princeton Information is seeking a Technical Product Owner for a major client @ Franklin Lakes, NJ
Job Description is as below
Description: A Technical Product Owner's (TPO)
· List 3 - 5 Must Haves Skills / Technologies
· Previous product management experience desired / program and or project management as a proxy
· Strong communication skills and experience working in a matrixed organization on cross-functional initiatives
· Experience with agile development methodology and concepts and related delivery and tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
· Ability to work with business and technical team members, translating business requirements into technical specifications for development team
· Ability to understand and identify (and communicate) success criteria from the perspective of the business and in a manner understood by technical team members.
Nice to Have Skills
· List 3 - 5 Nice-to-Have Skills / Technologies · Product management certification
Education · bachelor's degree or above
· Would you like to see resumes with experience in a particular industry? Software / technology, SaaS
A Technical Product Owner's (TPO) focus will be to write technical functional requirements identified from discussions with the business. These are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve the business asks.
• Collaborate with disparate business groups to optimize the business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
• Write technical requirements, develop business models and define support requirements and processes to ensure work is delivered on schedule.
• Write definition of ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
• Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health. Integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity); and enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated).
• Identify feature-level dependencies and establish milestone release criteria to manage unaddressed issues and detect resolutions, escalate or find the appropriate owner to ensure highest level of quality.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• 5-8 years product management or related experience or Master's degree and 3-5 years of product management or related experience.
• Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary.
• Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
• Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential.
• High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
• Ability to balance technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
• Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
• Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
Apply by creating/using account