Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Database Management position requires a committed and self-motivated team employee who will be part of an Application Database Administrator (DBA) team. The DBA team is responsible to analyze, develop and maintain complex backend OLTP and Data Warehouse Oracle 11g/12c databases in support of the Mortgage Insurance business applications for the client. This individual will partner and collaborate with the Application team and work closely with program leads, architects, data modelers, application developers, and business subject matter experts to create and maintain database designs for business and enterprise projects in accordance with the client's best practices and published standards. Additionally, this position requires the support of the SqlServer 2012 as well as NoSQL databases MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
• Assist in design, development and implementation of database architecture and database solutions for new "Speed-to-Market” SOA-based Agile projects underway
• Support end-to-end execution from roadmap to implementation of database consolidations, migrations, conversions and upgrades
• Support design and build of large, complex Oracle databases running on Oracle 11g/12c environments with features for data compression, partitioning, RAC, RMAN, Data Guard
• Support analysis of business and application requirements to translate into new or modified database or data capabilities
• Educate and influence stakeholders to promote an understanding of the environments, increase simplification, risk management, and promote reuse and innovation.
• Maintain and develop database design within the business and IT teams to ensure system availability, performance, and data quality.
• Reduce complexity and cost in database environments through analysis and implementation of database consolidation and rationalization.
• Collaborate and participate in application release planning and implementation.
• Partner with business and architecture teams to properly engineer effective database solutions that ensure reliability, quality, and scalability.
• Establish and maintain partnerships and relationships with infrastructure teams and application managers and teams.
• Support new and enhance existing database designs for improved longevity, reduced maintenance, and improved performance.
• Assist in the creation and enhancement of cross-functional database systems
• Participate in database design forums in areas of expertise.
• Resolve complex incidents (e.g. security, performance tuning).
• Assist with the evaluation and implementation of new product features to tailor solutions for database requirements.
• Assist the enforcement of database processes, procedures, best practices, standards and SLAs
• Maintain awareness of industry best practices.
• A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc. )
• Learn, understand, champion ITIL frameworks
• Proactively integrate process improvements into the way we do our work
• Support the changing of work processes to align with all phases of the development and implementation processes
• Solid knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g, good understanding of 12c features and technical database concepts, such as: logical relational data modeling, physical data modeling, tuning large instances, resource management, data replication and backup/recovery techniques.
• At least 5 plus years of experience with implementations, upgrades, conversions and consolidation projects with Oracle databases.
• Requires strong ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Requires at least 3 years of working knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (Oracle OEM/Cloud Control), Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Security.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, database management, system administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Solid understanding of the Mortgage Insurance industry and the challenges with building databases to meet the changing business environment preferred.
• Knowledge in a scripting language like Unix/Linux Shell scripts, Powershell, Perl.
Apply by creating/using account