Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Do you have a knack in turning complex requirements into simple designs? Are you passionate about bringing systems to life, and have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
– Convert complex analytic and reporting requirements into beautifully simple solutions
– Work with the Business Analysts, Architects and Developers to design and deploy data warehouse solutions to end-users across the globe
– Identify and resolve design and query performance issues on multi-billion row database applications
– Produce optimized dimensional database designs to support hundreds of users querying millions of transactions at performance ranging from minutes down to sub-second
– Will assist more junior members of the team ensuring we meet our demanding targets for performance, resilience and scalability
The IB IT Advisory Research & CRM team is part of the IB IT function and is dedicated to Corporate Center within the Banking Group. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across data, analysis, CRM, Research Publishing and Marketing. Our role is to develop data warehouse applications for several thousand Sales and Research staff deployed globally across the Investment Bank.
Your experience and skills
– A proven track record of working with Oracle in the role of data warehouse designer and developer. Highly experienced in Oracle, PL/SQL and Unix shell scripting. Oracle 12c exposure is a plus.
– Extensive experience as an ETL and Kimball Dimensional database designer and developer on large multi-million row data warehouse applications
– The ability to interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– The experience to identify and address risks and issues impacting application delivery. Pro-actively take steps to mitigate or address these
– Contribute to a strong team culture, underpinned by a passion for effectively developing quality software
– The passion and skills needed to influence the wider technical community within Banking by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
– Experience of Exadata, Java, Greenplum/PostgreSQL/Python are a plus
– Experience with BI technologies such as Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau are a plus
– Delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– Experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
– Passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within Banking by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– Imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
– Adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
2- DWH / ETL experience
Very nice to have
1- Business Objects
Apply by creating/using account