Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: The major responsibilities include:
• Apply the Oracle CPU/PSU security patches to databases starting from Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c on Solaris and Linux on Legacy and DBaaS environments for all business streams
• Provide support during QA and regression testing before implementing in production databases
• Support after implementation in Production environment
• Test and implement the automated solution in Production and Development estate globally
• Document all the processes for automated and manual solutions and prepare Standard Operational Procedures
• Contribute to improve the overall process of patching activities.
Oracle Database administrator required to work within the global database organization to provide a high level (Level 3 or higher) database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments. You'll be working in the Regional Level 3/SME team with Project Managers, SMEs, Database Engineering and Operations support dedicated to this function..
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
You will have extensive and in-depth knowledge of:
– Oracle RDBMS 10g – 11g, 12c a plus
– Oracle Dataguard
– Oracle RMAN
– Oracle RAC
– Oracle OEM
– Oracle Engineered systems – Exadata or ODA
– Oracle Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
• 10+ years of experience in providing DBA support for large number of databases in Oracle.
• An excellent understanding of Oracle internals and Administration in 10g, 11g, and 12c. Experience in managing Real Application Clusters and Dataguard is preferable. Experience in Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) is required.
• Advanced Performance tuning skill to identify the contention at Database and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages and should have experience to interpret the performance metrics quickly.
• This is a senior role that will work extensively on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Database Appliance.
Preferable skills / qualification:
• A good working knowledge of Solaris and Redhat Linux.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
• Ability to work and remain calm in a high pressure environment
• Good team working skills but equally has to be capable of working alone
• Knowledge on Automation tools and processes.
• A university degree in professional courses or professional certifications
– analytical and logical - a problem solver
– good communicator and team player
– customer and quality oriented, motivated, self-directed and driven
What are the responsibilities of the role? What work will the contractor be performing on a day to day basis?
Oracle Database administrator required to work within the global database organization to provide a high level (Level 3 or higher) database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments.
• design and implement complex changes
• troubleshoot and solve incidents
• monitor and analyze performance issues
• work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
• DBA Support for application development and production support teams
• Overspill from Level 2 Global Oracle Team.
• Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
• Weekend working will include RAC, Dataguard, GoldenGate replication setup duties within complicated, multiway heterogeneous replication environments, connecting to both Oracle and sybase
• Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
• Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests
• perform L3/SME type of activities – complex High Availability and Disaster Recovery design and configuration, Advanced performance tuning and troubleshooting, Database administration
The successful candidate must have an extensive knowledge and experience of Oracle database administration, preferably within the banking/financial industry.
Apply by creating/using account