Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Are you passionate about technology? Join our growing team! AboutWeb, an award-winning IT solutions company, has been providing excellence in product development, application design, and cybersecurity solutions, since 1998. We are a diverse blend of engineers, developers, and cybersecurity professionals, providing cutting-edge solutions to real-world issues and solving problems for clients.
AboutWeb is a subsidiary of Penacity, LLC.
AboutWeb is seeking an experienced Sr Systems Security Chief to join our Federal contract in Arlington, VA.
In this role you will perform duties and have responsibilities relative to an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSOs) and Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs) and perform technical planning, system integration, assessment and authorization, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal. You will bring your demonstrated ability to understand government expectations and partner it with technology for desired business results.
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret
The qualified candidate will perform the following tasks:
• Collaborate with Government Counterparts in solution planning to effectively gain buy-in from applicable stakeholders. Then oversees execution by working closely with architects, engineers, and developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions
• Drive security execution strategy across multiple technical domains and advancing cyber resiliency capabilities' maturity and consults with fellow technical subject matter experts to develop technical solutions.
• Work closely with technical teams to assess security and develop/design solutions that align with federal's cyber resiliency, security strategies, and compliance needs
• Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry, and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; intrusion detection; incident handling; auditing.
• Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
• Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems
• Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle
• Test, implement, deploy, maintain, and administer the infrastructure hardware and software
• Conduct risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design
• Use encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
• Act as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSOs) and Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs).
• Ensure capabilities and cybersecurity solutions developed by the cross-functional teams undergo a comprehensive Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process
• Develop trusted relationships with customers
• Be prepared to work multiple projects
• Ensure product code meets with Federal security regulations, policies, guidelines, and applicable National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
• Develop architectural diagrams (DoDAF viewpoint) required to support incremental design reviews
• Domain knowledge expert with demonstrated experience providing cybersecurity subject matter expertise in FISMA and DHS 4300A
• Support for the integration and configuration activities to ensure that builds and deployment processes work effectively across all environments.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders and business owners to provide guidance and recommendations on improving IT infrastructure
• A proactive approach to identifying issues and problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks along with an ability to offer and implement solutions to address these.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and superior ability for problem solving.
• Coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- 20+ years IT experience
Education: Masters degree
Successful candidate will have completed one or more of the following certifications:
ISACA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
ISACA - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
ISACA - Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
ISACA - Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT(CGEIT)
(ISC)2 - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
(ISC)2 - Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
COMPTIA – Security+
If you are interested in applying for this job, or if you know someone who is (we offer referral bonuses), please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by creating/using an account