Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Are you passionate about technology? Join our growing team! AboutWeb, an award-winning IT solutions company, has been providing excellence in product development, application design, and cybersecurity solutions, since 1998. We are a diverse blend of engineers, developers, and cybersecurity professionals, providing cutting-edge solutions to real-world issues and solving problems for clients.
AboutWeb is a subsidiary of Penacity, LLC.
AboutWeb is seeking an experienced Network Operations Center (NOC) Chief to join our Federal contract in Arlington, VA. In this role you will perform as a domain knowledge expert with experience managing enterprise-level Network Monitoring and Service Desk support consisting of multiple Tiers, including 24X7X365 support, and providing monitoring and sustainment support from SW inception through operations. You will bring your demonstrated ability to understand government expectations and partner it with technology for desired business results.
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret
The qualified candidate will perform the following tasks:
• Monitor system health using government provided tools on a 24x7x365 basis
• Track and monitor performance of all system components, provide status reports daily, and notify the Government of any significant degradation of service.
• Oversee operational incident management and recommend enhancements of the customer's monitoring suite of solutions, including working with service owners to ensure proper monitoring procedures are in place and necessary adjustments are made.
• Track and monitor the health of the capability delivery services to include Scheduled and Emergency Maintenances
• Manage all incident response and monitoring system in terms of Operations-Based, Ticket & Alert-Driven mindset
• Assist the government in developing, maintaining, and updating catalog of standard operating and response procedures and protocols
• Drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement
• Be a primary point of contact for the coordination of staff and resources and staff during outages and customer affecting events
• Ensure Knowledge Base Articles are available for technicians to use
• Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the Operations Center workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues
• Provide productivity, service level, and key performance metrics in support of business objective
• Continuously review reporting requirements and current data collection methods to ensure efficiency. Work with teams to collaborate on the most efficient way to report and retrieve data
• Experience driving discussions with senior government personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders and business owners to provide guidance and recommendations on improving IT infrastructure
• A proactive approach to identifying issues and problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks along with an ability to offer and implement solutions to address these.
• Experience creating dashboards to track service health that appeal to both technical and non-technical audiences preferably with Splunk.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and superior ability for problem solving.
• Skilled at directing a large team and executing responsibilities without direct supervisor.
A SME labor category has a minimum of 15 years' experience and a master's degree in addition to certifications in the applicable subject matter area.
A bachelor's degree plus 20 years' work experience may be substituted for a master's degree.
Successful candidate will have completed the following certification:
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 4 certification.
If you are interested in applying for this job, or if you know someone who is (we offer referral bonuses), please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Apply by creating/using an account