Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Are you passionate about technology? AboutWeb, as award-winning IT solutions company, has an immediate opportunity for a Senior UX Designer to support one of our commercial clients.
This position will be located in Reston, VA with extensive travel to Atlanta, GA.
The Senior UX Designer role will act as a member of the product design team and support the vision, build out and ongoing lifecycle of a given platform. He or she will be responsible for partnering with our consultants and agile teams to ensure the voice of the customer is translated into meaningful and easy to use capabilities. This role will collaborate closely with product owners, business analysts, developers, and other designers/researchers to ensure the successful implementation of product design strategies.
The Senior UX Designer will exhibit passion about creating innovative products and delivering an efficient and graceful experience for users. Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships and partnerships focusing on collaboration, building consensus and driving design through influence will play a critical role throughout the lifecycle. This role will be expected to create compelling digital experiences.
· Create user experiences that are optimized for delivery across multiple platforms
· Help define product requirements by collaborative brainstorming and high-level prototyping with partner teams
· Lead design initiatives focused on understanding user needs and translating these into product strategies and experiences
· Conceive, build and test ideas that challenge the status quo and deliver high quality user experiences that raise the bar in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency
· Ability to translate complex business requirements and user needs into workflows, wireframes and intuitive user experiences that are technically feasible
· Ability to manage involvement from other Design and Product team members, including researchers, designers, product owners, business analysts and developers [adjust collaborators as needed] and drive design through influence
· Create, maintain and work with designs systems, journey maps, personas and workflows
· Conduct user research and testing as well as ability to analyze, synthesize and present research findings
· Contribute to the overall advancement and improvement of processes, introducing and documenting new additions as necessary
· Bachelor's or master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience is required
· 6+ years of experience in digital product design for both web and mobile platforms
· Experience working in an agile environment, with collaboration and iterative design with the Scrum team and Product Owner
· Strong product design strategy skills in areas of consumer/user research and analysis, personas and customer journeys, design thinking, ideation and brainstorming techniques, sketching, prototyping, and concept validation
· Expert ability to understand & create user-flows, annotated wireframes and content structure
· Experience with full UI Design, low and high fidelity wireframes
· Excellent presentation, communication, documentation and organization skills
· Strong presence, including ability to partner with and effectively influence product and development leaders
· Skilled at communicating verbally and in writing to diverse audiences
· Proactive self-starter; assertive and able to ensure that Product Design principles are adhered to
· Experience with Sketch and Invision
· Analytical mindset and creativity to balance detailed problem solving with 'big picture' strategic view
If you are interested in applying for this job, or if you know someone who is (we offer referral bonuses), please get in touch with us at info@aboutweb[dot]com. AboutWeb offers competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision, and PTO, and is an equal-opportunity employer. Follow us on Twitter (@aboutwebllc ) for up-to-the minute IT job opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account