Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Are you passionate about technology? AboutWeb is hiring for a Business / Data Analyst to support one of our commercial clients. This project is in support of one of our client's Enterprise Analytics team and will be located in Chesterbrook, PA.
This person will be a creative thinker who understand user interface design and apply visualizations skills such as user experience design, data visualization and graphical design. Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
This individual must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets. They will be responsible for writing requirements and user stories in an Agile environment. He or she will be responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses.
· Works on moderately to complex tasks in support of one or more projects as a project team member, or independently on small projects.
· Increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge of a specific business area.
· May participate in project planning processes.
· May identify project tasks and assists with project task effort estimations.
· Works with business analytics team members to develop business requirements.
· Leverages understanding of business processes and builds up specific business data domain expertise.
· Brings expertise in data visualization techniques in developing business analytics and semantic data access requirements.
· Helps translate business analytics needs into data visualization requirements, typically via iterative/agile prototyping.
· Leverages data visualization requirements to ensure semantic data access layer(s) meet business requirements.
· Works with data engineers to optimally design and implement semantic data consumption within data visualization environments.
· Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to visualize insights, typically working with a small team.
· Transfers knowledge around using data visualizations to business stakeholders.
· Assists in business stakeholder adoption of insights-driven decision making and/or business process innovation.
· Provides input to data visualization standards and ensures adherence.
· May define test plans and system documentation to monitor testing for the implementation of business analytics enhancements, modifications and new releases.
· Conducts testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
· Provides technical coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
· May participate in the evaluation of visualization tools and perform research on best practices.
· May participate in POC projects and develop business analytics solutions recommendations.
· Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize data concepts into clear communications for key business stakeholders.
· Drive adoption of data and insights-driven business decision making processes and analytics-enabled business process innovation.
· Collaborate with data engineers and analytics and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
· Demonstrate a strong sense of visual design and interest in creative visualization work.
· Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization.
· Demonstrate an ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs.
· Demonstrate an ability to reduce data to the bare minimum of what is needed to optimally communicate a message.
· Demonstrate a drive to learn new tools and new ways of visualizing/displaying data and insights.
· Work closely with business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions.
· Show strong team building and creative thinking skills, and a desire to "make a difference”.
· Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
· 3-7 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights.
· 3-7 Years of experience with data visualization/BI tools, such as Qlik or Tableau, Power BI, SQL and semantic data access mechanisms.
· Experience in analytics-enabled business process innovation.
· Knowledge of applying visualization techniques and User Experience design.· Excellent written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
Apply by creating/using an account