Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
AboutWeb, an award-winning IT solutions and staffing firm, has been delivering innovative business and technology solutions to federal clients, commerical entities and associations for over 20 years. We help provide innovative solutions help our clients achieve meaningful results. Come work with us!
We are seeking a driven, creative, seasoned and passionate full stack engineer to lead and build suite of modern digital products/services to be consumed by thousands of health care providers across the country.
The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web and mobile digital products using React backed by Node.js application services implemented using microservices paradigm on Amazon Web Services.
Any potential applicant must provide a portfolio for review (web links to sites / apps they have built) and ideally a GitHub account with viewable (not private) repos.
This position would be based out of our Reston, VA offices.
Must Have Skills:
• At least 5 years of experience developing large scale consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
• Experience working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
• Experience developing containerized microservices utilizing Docker or Kubernetes based microservices deployment.
• Strong understanding of TDD, BDD and automated unit, integration and acceptance testing.
• Strong understanding of CI/CD process and pipelines.
• Solid understanding of the web technology fundamentals: HTTP, SSL, and JSON.
• Demonstrable experience of REST (and other API) development architecture.
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Superb communication skills with experience working and coordinating complex development efforts.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience working with and coordinating with other team members using Slack and HipChat.
• Experience working in team environments that use agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP and SAFe. • Advanced experience with DevOps and Amazon Web Services.
• Open source or community experience.
• We expect the successful candidate to invest a good portion of their time close to the technology, coding, and developing software. They will also closely collaborate with multiple architects, analysts, designer and engineers, with a focus on integrating components to support new feature development.
• The successful candidate will be a thought leader in a community of practice, facilitating effective communications and proper use of standards across teams, utilizing the SAFe/Scrum frameworks.
• Partners with enterprise architects for design and review of products with respect to adherence to standards, enterprise models, strategies, and best practices.
• Enables and drives development of microservices and containerized solutions.
• Promotes and drives use of agile and DevOps methodologies and patterns including continuous integration, continuous testing, test-driven development, continuous delivery, etc.
• Contributes to defining and estimating timelines, costs, and feasibility for application development projects.
• Provides proof-of-concept or minimally viable product prototypes that set examples regarding new technology or design patterns.
• Periodically reviews code from scrum development teams.
• Coaching and mentoring fellow engineers
Apply by creating/using an account