Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Business Data Analyst - Consulting Position
Rate: $780 per 8-10 hour professional day
Client: Credit Suisse
Location: NYC Midtown
Duration: 1-2 years+
Request ID: 3660-1
Start/End Dates: 9/27/2013 - 3/26/2014
Work Location: NY-315 Park Ave S-New York City & State: New York, New York Job Title: Bus. Analysis & Engineering - Business Analyst (Front Office or Regulatory)
Job Description: Business Data Analyst
-5-10 Years of IT Experience
- 3+ Years of Financial Services Experience
- BS / BA Required in Business or Computer Science
- Certified Business Analyst certification will be a plus
- Good Knowledge of Financial Products and Market Data. Specifically Equities, Fixed Income, and Derivative instruments.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office products, MS Project and Visio.
- SQL skills a must
- Good understanding of financial trading instruments
- Specific knowledge in Position Limit Monitoring, Global Control Room and Trade Surveillance a plus
- Good understanding of global data warehouse and interaction with referential data
- Good analytical skills
- Negotiation, interaction and communication skills to work both with the client and IT
- Ability to own work streams and follow through to completion
- Ability to manage expectations; retain a positive attitude, drive process and be a self-starter.
- SDLC/CMM/CSP+ knowledge is highly desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in dealing within IT and with end users
LCD IT is looking for the Business Data Analyst with a broad knowledge of financial products such as equities, fixed income products, derivatives, etc. Familiarity with trade and position data is strongly desired.
Provide analysis and solution on all aspects related to data sourcing and data quality:
Analyze change requests and new data sourcing projects from Compliance consumers Analyze impact and devise sourcing strategies, identify golden source of data Write specifications for data source providers, downstream consumers and datawarehouse developers, ensuring data flows in and out of warehouse Assess data quality of data sets by profiling and finding common themes Work with the testers to ensure new data source development meets requirements Work with consumers to ensure understanding of their requirements Work on data quality initiatives that improve the overall quality of data consumed by Compliance and other consumers Manage stakeholders upstream and downstream, communicate status, escalate issues to project managers
The DSDQ team is responsible for all data sourcing and data quality aspects of Compliance in Credit Suisse. With the recent increase in regulatory and public focus we expect to have a challenging and at the same time rewarding book of work which will enable the candidate to grow quickly.
As part of the data sourcing team, the candidate is part of a global data warehousing organization with reach to essentially all EMEA APAC and AMER businesses
Release Comments: new and hot role - BA with strong SQL and data and capital markets are the keys.
Apply by creating/using account