Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Element Consulting Group has an immediate need for an IT Network Engineer to join our Client's team. This position will be at our Client's site located in Painted Post, NY.
Scope of Position:
Provide technical leadership for projects requiring system analysis, network implementation or upgrade. Design and implement LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks within the Corning infrastructure.
• Design, develop, configure, and deploy network (LAN/WAN/Wireless LAN) infrastructure across Corning sites
• Define, document, and enforce templates and standards for deployment and support of network infrastructure.
• Produce network design and configuration documentation, and perform knowledge transfer to the Network Engineering team and to the Network Operations team.
• Implement and troubleshoot lightweight and autonomous wireless networks
• Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls to isolate non-compliant devices on the network.
• Work with the team to complete complex switch and router installations
• Develop comprehensive implementation and test plans following change management guidelines
• Respond to customer requirements and ensure that customer needs are being met by IT.
• Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
• Assist with cross-functional project and operational issues that are complex or difficult to resolve. Determine root cause and develop resolution.
• BS in Computer Science /Systems Management/IT Related field
• Core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
• Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
• Cisco Routers
• Cisco ASA
• Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• Spanning-tree, VLANs, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN, NAT, ACL
• Cisco wireless communication design and configuration: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, ISE, and WAPs
• Tools & Management: Wireshark, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
• Authentication: TACACS+, RADIUS
• 5+ years of experience in LAN and Wireless LAN troubleshooting and design.
• Strong experience in WAN and Internet required.
• 5+ years IT experience working across multiple technology areas, with at least 1 year working as a senior engineer or similar technology role.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and in virtual teams
• Recognized as a technology SME (subject matter expert) in prior position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, and all associated protocols.
• Strong Cisco Networking background
• Client Satisfaction
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Process and detail oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
• Large Enterprise Environment network design and support experience
• CCNP\CCIE\CCNA Preferred
• Experience with Load Balancers (F5 and RadWare) a plus
• Experience with Palo Alto and Juniper firewalls a plus
• Technical curiosity and interest in technology
• Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines
• Team player
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Effective customer relationship skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Candidates authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply; Element Consulting Group is not sponsoring or transferring work visas at this time. Due to client requirements, we are not able to work with third party employers on this opportunity.
Element Consulting Group offers an attractive benefits package including medical, life, dental & vision insurance, health saving account, 401(k) with match and more!
Apply by creating/using an account