Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Physical Therapist Position
Available : Full time Position
Apply to: email@example.com
SUMMARY Responsible for the care, direction and progression of therapy patients and their treatments. Is a viable member of the therapeutic rehabilitation team and will assist in department maintenance, supervision of department staff as needed and delivering the best quality care possible. Is responsible for appropriate scheduling of therapy patients, completing the monthly productivity statistics in a time manner and working with the team to maintain an efficient and productive therapy department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services.
• Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
• Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
• Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
• Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
• Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
• Inform Administrator of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner.
• Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential.
• Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
• Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
• Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
• Secure prescription for each patient treated.
• Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
• Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
• Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, standards and techniques of physical therapy.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of use and maintenance of physical therapy equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work medical environment.
• Skill in developing and maintaining patient care records and writing reports.
• Skill in time management, planning and workload control.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Management, patients, medical staff and the general public.
• Good telephone manners and etiquette.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate and work effectively with others.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Degree from an APTA approved school of physical therapy and approved by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee of the State.
New graduate to five years of clinical experience in multiple clinical settings. Emphasis in orthopedics preferred.
Current license as a Registered Physical Therapist in the State.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a clinical environment. Involves frequent potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a center environment. May involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. There will be times when the staff therapist will be asked to work with clients at their prospective worksites.
Work requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity, as well as eye-hand coordination. Frequent standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods, as well as some bending and stooping. Ability to communicate with patients, staff and clients. Ability to facilitate prescribed treatment and prepare documentation and reports. Handling and lifting of patients. Ability to use therapy equipment. Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to medical practice and common office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone contacts.
Apply by creating/using an account