Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Title: Registered Nurse Supervisor
Location: Oakland/Fremont/San jose/Berkeley CA
SUMMARY Assist Physicians with providing nursing care services to clients and maintaining standards of quality care. This may includes but is not limited to prescribing of medical treatment to ill and injured clients, administering PFTs, Audiograms, Visual Acuity testing, Phlebotomy, Ekgs, drug screen collections, medications, respiratory fit testing, strength testing, assists MD with treadmills, Flex Sigmoidoscopy. May administer X-rays as directed by physician if trained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides prescribed medical treatment to ill and injured clients.
• Administers PFTs, Audiograms, Visual Acuity testing, Phlebotomy, Ekgs, drug screen collections, medications, wound care, respiratory fit testing, strength testing, assists MD with treadmills, Flex Sigmoidoscopy.
• Sterilization of instruments, equipment, general cleaning maintenance in compliance with universal precautions.
• Assists physicians.
• Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
• May administer X-rays as directed by physician if trained.
• Maintain standards of quality care.
• Administers Morgan Lens - fluorescein.
• Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from clients for testing and performs Multistix test.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Skill in exercising initiative and judgment.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
• Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally.
• Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate, cooperate with and work effectively with others.
• Knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of health care administration, center philosophy and policies and operating procedures.
R. N.; COHN, B.S.N. preferred.
Previous experience in Occupational Health is preferred.
Registered Nurse, Licensed in the Center's state; Audiometric Certification, Spirometry-NIOSH Course Certification; Breath Alcohol Technician Certification; maintains up-to-date CPR certification/CPR Instructor.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
Work requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Requires moderate typing skills and sufficient manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and such other office equipment as necessary. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to common office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone contacts. It may be necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.
Apply by creating/using account