Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
MOUNTAIN VIEW - CALIFORNIA
SUMMARY Perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a physician. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual's degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform selected nursing and administrative duties.
• Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient histories and vital signs.
• Under proper supervision by a physician and/or laboratory director, perform specimen collection and simple laboratory testing common to a private medical practice, such as: urine drug tests, breath alcohol tests, urinalysis, blood glucose by finger sticks, etc.
• Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Administer injections and applies dressings as instructed.
• Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
• Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
• Maintain patient files, record and other information.
• Compile and condense technical and statistical data for reports and records.
• Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
• Works closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
• Perform direct patient care as instructed by the physician.
• Complete appropriate documentation on all patients treated
• Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
• Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
• Respect patients' rights to privacy and confidentiality.
• Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
• Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
• Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
• Manage time effectively to complete all patient treatments and related activities as assigned.
• Maintain professional standards and procedures ensuring compliance with Corporate policies and with applicable regulations.
• Adjust to quality assurance policies and procedures concerning all physical therapy issues.
• Maintain equipment in a clean and safe condition at all times,.
• Perform related clerical duties such as filing and scheduling patients as required.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
• Demonstrate support to others by offering help.
• Assist in the solution of problems as directed by Supervisor.
• Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of medical practice and organizational policies to administer patient care:
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of use and maintenance of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records.
• Skill in identifying and communicating problems to the supervisor.
• Skill in following medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and other staff.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly with patients and other staff.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Good telephone manners and etiquette.
• Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
• Detail orientation and organization.
• Excellent people skills. Ability to work well and effectively with others.
Knowledge and skills usually acquired through courses imparted by an accredited Medical Assistant program.
None required; however, previous experience in a medical setting is desirable.
Certification obtained from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
IV certified and able to do Blood Draw
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a clinical office environment. Involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, blood borne pathogens and other conditions common to a medical center environment. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. May also do on-site medical care as needed.
Work requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Adequate color vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to medical practice and common office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone contacts. Requires working under pressure during emergency situations or during irregular hours.
Email Resume to Robert at email@example.com
Apply by creating/using an account