Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Windows Linux Server Admin
San Diego, CA
US Citizen/Green required. Must be local to San Diego, CA. Position on site.
• Responsible for the Build, installation, configuration, maintenance, and reporting of Windows\ UNIX\Linux based systems.
• Work with a team of administrators and provide 24x7 on-call support.
• Schedule and implement upgrades and patching activities during a maintenance window as required by system availability after business hours.
• Provide daily operational oversight and technical guidance to the Infrastructure staff.
• Three to 5 Years Experience building, patching, supporting Windows\Unix\Linux Servers both Physical and Virtual.
• Ensure team personnel participate and support department objectives, solicit feedback and provide time bound solutions.
• Takes a proactive approach to ensure proper engagement procedures are followed between local and leveraged teams to address technical project challenges prior to impacting project timelines, customer satisfaction, MASL's or Milestones.
• Attend teleconferences or technical meetings to review, educate and support project objectives.
• Communicate project status changes and updates to Chief Technology Officer (CTO)'s office, Client leadership and project teams.
• Address operational issues using available software tools.
• Perform configurations, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting IAW current engineering documentation.
• Respond to monitoring alerts and warnings with prompt corrective actions and escalations
• Complete all scheduled maintenance IAW established policies and procedures
• Provide initial response, Level 1 and Level 2 escalation for outages
• Schedule maintenance actions in a timely manner.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical leadership skills.
Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance).
Strong experience with implementation, problem analysis and solution of infrastructure and business application environments.
Foundational or expert knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Web technologies.
Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity.
Strong problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
Good organizational and analytical skills.
Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self-confidence. Influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
Understand and assist in maintaining our storage infrastructure including software, management, system backups.
Apply by creating/using account