Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior DBA MUST be proactive in improving the database, technical processes and customer relationships.
Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the design of a highly available fault tolerant database infrastructure
• Assist with technical design activities, including optimizing data access for a web portal application, leveraging features in SQL to reduce latency, and providing insights that could improve application performance
• Creation and maintenance of Application objects (For ex. Type of tables and indexes, Partition types/keys, foreign keys/constraints, segment type and size etc.)
• Creation of processes to replicate production databases (de-normalized to normalized)
• Help with layout application schemas and tablespaces
• Define and maintain database roles and permissions for Application objects
• Develop and execute statistics collection plan for application objects depending on volume and type of queries (For ex. Timing of statistics collections, Lock statistics, enable/disable HISTOGRAM etc.)
• Review backup policy with System DBA and help suggest schedule/timings to avoid conflict with application processes
• Review SQL execution plans on critical application queries
• Help with Application code testing during application releases or DB upgrade/migration to avoid SQL performance issues
• Bulk data uploads
• Assist with infrastructure optimization and design, including identifying bottlenecks, improving responsiveness, and reducing single points of failure.
Technical support is required to assist with the following tasks:
Database conversions (Create, Maintain, Schedule and Run SSIS Packages
SQL query review and tuning
Replication software support
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Designs and builds relational databases. Develops strategies for data synchronization and implementation of a database. Must be able to design, develop and manipulate database management systems. Requires a depth and breadth of database knowledge that shall help with formal design of relational databases and provides insight into strategic data manipulation. Capable of performing the role of a database administrator, if needed.
Database development with SQL Server Management Studio including creating models, designing DB objects (tables, indexes, view, stored procedures, etc), writing DB procedures, functions and triggers, developing solution architecture from business requirements, information architecture and technical architecture. Advanced SQL knowledge, software configuration and setup of the SQL translations needed between the Legacy and Refresh database, Data Modeling and Version control.
Must understand SQL Server Database projects and how they are applied across environments and how it is used in the version control process.
Apply by creating/using account