Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Roseland, NJ (ROS1)
Target Start Date: 9/1/2018
Years of Experience: 7+ years
Right to hire: Yes
Scope of Work
Prudential Annuities and Life Technology is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
The Lead Software Engineer is a key technical contributor who can digest complex business problems and identify architecturally sound solutions. With demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures, can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands CMS and DAM solutions, responsive web design, and document delivery turning concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges, can work collaboratively and exemplifies the virtues of our talent model: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
· Works closely with the innovation, marketing, technology and architecture teams to drive outcomes with a focus on delivering scalable digital marketing solutions.
· Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
· Deliver high quality code with attention to detail
· Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
· Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on user experience, system responsiveness and scalability.
· Conducts code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
· BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
· A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating complex business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions
· Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment required
· A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
· Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
· Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
· Experience with Content Management Systems and Digital Asset Management is strongly desired
· Working knowledge of Github or Subversion required
· Experience with FULL/MEAN STACK a strong plus
· Experience with Cloudera a plus
· Experience with implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns a plus
· Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL also a plus
· Experience with spring framework, spring messaging, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate a plus
· Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
· Experience with AWS cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins preferred
· Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
Apply by creating/using an account