Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Non-Prod Release Manager
The Non-Prod Release Manager is responsible for the Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating, and the management of releases and activities for the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. This role will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through all non-production environments. Non-Prod Release Manager plays a key role in executing the release management discipline for Corporate Systems that enable Health Care Company to reach its long-term business objectives. The successful candidate must be highly effective and influential within an agile structure of functional business areas and IT services. Non-Prod Release Manager must collaborate with internal/external stakeholders, Application SCUM teams, and SCRUM Masters to ensure environment availability, code delivery, and testing activities occur without negatively affecting the delivery schedule. A solid technical foundation is required for this position, as well as an ability to reach a consensus and influence without direct authority.
• Manage and support multiple concurrent releases through all environments
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Create, review, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment
notes and execute plans as needed
• Monitor tasks to ensure release pipe lines are completed on-time and meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release activities across multiple SCRUM teams accessing shared Infrastructure
• Develop, maintain and enhance the environment management procedures and processes
• Communicate to business partners and key stakeholders regarding plans, risks, issues - where applicable.
• Participate in Change Management process and work to ensure change process is adhered to within the overall team.
• Manages scheduling and communication of deployment activities, including emergency change implementation.
• Proactively identifies, recommends and implements process and other improvements
• Provides off hours production release coverage for strategic releases (both planned and unplanned)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology or Information Systems field
• 2-3 years of previous release and/or project management experience
• 2-3 years release management experience supporting an Agile/DevOps SDLC
• 5-7 years of experience in information technology and/or software development environment
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle including experience in managing CI/CD delivery across multiple platforms
• Expertise with complex e-Commerce technology platforms, including - network, hardware, application and database.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
What skills/attributes are a must have?
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Where is the work to be performed? (Please list preferred Health Care Company facility, if other please specify i.e. remote work, rural, etc.)
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc)
Who will be conducting interviews? (Please list names and titles of interviewers)
What type of interview process is preferred? (Face to face, phone, Skype, or a combination of the three)
Apply by creating/using an account