Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This is David from Anuva Resources Solutions. I have an immediate Job opportunity with one of my client. Following are the positions details.
Please let me know if you are available/interested so we can further discuss this position. Also email me your resume and contact number and the best possible time to reach you.
Apologies in advance if this position is irrelevant to your profile or you are not available for this position.
Steam Turbine Operability & Controls Engineer #12267
This role is a design and service engineering position with emphasis on providing technical support for controls issues and evaluation and interpretation of operational data to develop technical solutions to both emergent issues in the field and new product offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Technical evaluation of controls related field issues to assess and provide recommendations for corrective action;
· Interface with customers in office meeting and on-site meetings to effectively represent CLIENT demonstrating technical expertise and customer sensitivity to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction;
· Interface with vendors to keep up to date with technology advancements that can be applied to reduce cost and/or increase performance or reliability;
· Ability to reduce operational data down to a manageable visual format to evaluate and draw conclusions;
· Requires a detailed knowledge of steam turbine operations and control logic;
· Requires a basic understanding of steam turbine design including valves and auxiliary systems;
· Familiarity with remote monitoring for turbine generator applications;
· Provide support to valve and auxiliary system design engineers in interpretation of operating data;
· Ability and experience of evaluating control logic;
· Experience working with both steam turbine controllers and DCS systems;
· Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
· Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
· Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
· Overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air, with some trips lasting 2 weeks or more.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education: BS degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
· Experience: At least two (2) years of relevant industrial experience preferably with steam turbine auxiliaries or systems integration.
· Language Skills: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and engineering procedure. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to present in conference forums.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic engineering calculations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Computer Skills: Advanced personal computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point), electronic mail, etc. Familiarity with FEA or Logic design/analysis packages. Familiarity with CAD
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee's working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to CLIENT and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Apply by creating/using an account