Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Postion Title: Sr. Visual Designer
Duration: 1 month (4 weeks)
Start Date: June 25, 2018
Location: Buckhead - OnSite
• A strong design sensibility and a strong digital design portfolio
• Experience designing for content management systems (usually shows itself by work on large corporate sites)
• A strong sense of independence, but be able to work with a team.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In partnership with copy lead, contributes to the creation of interactive design concepts through active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
• Helps establish look and feel of concepts.
• Has a competent knowledge of client's business objectives, brand, consumer and competitive landscape to inform insightful design ideas.
• Understands the creative direction set forth for each project and develops work that supports that direction.
• Articulates creative concepts and designs internally to team.
• Leverages a competent understanding of technology, user interface design and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of designs/layouts for all elements of the creative solution that address program objectives, and are visually appealing and motivating.
• Expands personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques. Has good understanding of many digital best practices.
• Designs mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards under minimal direction of the project's creative lead.
• Primarily responsible for asset creation and production.
• Performs photo retouching and enhancements as necessary.
• Researches and reviews suitable illustrations, photography or stock photos and sound.
• Prepares and presents layouts/samples to supervisor for direction and approval. Incorporates revisions per client and/or team feedback as appropriate. Ensures approved layouts conform to style guides.
• Assists project's creative lead in necessary research and preparation of client presentation materials.
• Contributes to and maintains style guides/online design libraries to accompany final deliverables.
• Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings.
• Partners with the copywriter, experience and technology to ensure the project meets creative strategy/project objectives.
• Considers technology requirements and designs a solution that complements the technical strategy and/or partners with the technology staff to overcome implementation obstacles.
• Consults with supervisor or project's creative lead to evaluate individual project needs and proactively raise issues that may impact quality or timing of deliverables and offer solutions
• Actively participates in team meetings to discuss assignment parameters.
• Ensures that internal deadlines, timetables and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
• Manages and prioritizes work effectively, and proactively escalates conflicts with workloads.
• Organizes file management per prescribed process and maintain image resource files.
• Helps develop tools and recommendations to improve current processes that impact client deliverables. Community & Business Contribution
• Responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers, completing self-review, inputting time consistently, and being aware of personal utilization target.
• Participates and helps plan community-building events.
• Excellent eye for design, imaginative, well-organized, good-natured, dedicated, flexible and passionate, you bring an advanced understanding of visual and experience design, typography, composition and color theory. Besides a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Multi-Media Design (or a related field), you have the following:
o Strong digital design portfolio
o 3+ years design experience, preferably in an interactive agency
o Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML and style sheets. Competency with at least one of, as well as experience or exposure to the following: Flash ActionScripting, video editing (e.g. FinalCut Pro), or motion graphics (e.g. After Effects).
o Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead.
o Has managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
o Solid understanding of the digital landscape, including everything from ecommerce websites, immersive and personalized online experiences to online campaigns, social media and mobile.
o Creative problem-solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
o Careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
o Solid knowledge of the production process (e.g. optimizing graphics, compression settings and file size and image optimization)
o Strong verbal communication skills. Able to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
o Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
o Basic understanding of technical and cross-platform implications (e.g. strengths and limitations of Flash, Ajax, Flex, and other emerging platforms).
o Self-motivation –you like to figure out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes
Apply by creating/using account