Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: Direct Hire
Salary: Open DOE
Start: Ideally ASAP
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
Competent to work on simple to fairly complex system program analysis and system programming assignments. Responsible for systems analysis with a focus on internal standards, coding, testing, security, and documentation. Assist in determining specifications and develops, assist, modifies and expands new and existing system programs. Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Perform data processing functions utilizing established procedures and simple to fairly complex ad-hoc procedures.
II. Essential Job Functions
65 Design And Development
• Works independently on routine assignments. Receives instructions and guidance on more complex assignments.
• With moderate guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
• Creates and assists application design for projects that lead to the development of new or improved products.
• Participates in application design meetings conducts code reviews and conducts unit testing.
• Reviews source code to assure quality and precision of work.
• Maintains the coding standards set forth for the application development groups.
• Develops high-quality well-documented system codes using various languages (i.e. SAS, SQL, UNIX shell scripting, JAVA, XML, etc.) based on the specification developed in conjunction with application experts from other departments within the company.
• Prepares logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
• Develops common operations which can be reused.
10 Monitoring And Reviewing Technology And Industry Direction
• Assists Senior Staff members in providing both high level and detailed technical design documentation for development projects for use by other engineers and departments within the development organization.
• Acts as a technical consultant to other departments (i.e., user interface design standards, security of technology method, etc.) on emerging technical system issues.
10 Developing And Maintaining The Enterprise Architecture
• Assist in defining principles, standards and processes that comprise the Enterprise Architecture model.
• Monitoring Corporate objectives to understand the business drivers.
• Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required.
• Analyses and evaluates existing and proposed application architecture and system components utilizing approved processes and systems.
• Assists the Senior & Lead Systems Engineers in the technical evaluation of new Information Technology products or services.
• Upholds the enterprise guidelines established by Senior Staff members.
10 Provide Accurate And Valuable Data For Analysis Projects
• Complete routine database marketing projects by utilizing department standards and procedures.
• Meet with database marketing analysts and/or marketers to define objectives for ad-hoc projects. Develop and implement solutions.
• Create flowcharts, set up control parameters for various software programs, submit flowcharts for execution and record counts in order to prepare data files for subsequent analysis.
• Generate graphs and reports.
Provide Research And Development
• Lead all Java-based development
• Work with big data when it becomes available
• Analyze how big data can be best stored.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum 4 years professional information technology experience in a large business environment focusing on analysis and programming
Specific Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
If interested, please send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by creating/using account