Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client in Bethesda MD is hiring a DevOps Engineer! Candidates must be USC or Green Card.
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Bethesda MD
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Process: Phone interview, in person interview, job offer!
The primary responsibility of the DevOps Engineer is to implement, maintain, and continuously improve the systems and process necessary to allow the client to develop and deploy software faster and improve system performance and resiliency. Their IT team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining several custom applications and integrations. Their applications are built predominately with Microsoft .Net and Microsoft SQL Server. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the software development and support teams, infrastructure, and security staff.
· Implement and maintain tools to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes.
· Work with agile teams to develop continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
· Responsible for creating builds and releases
· Responsible for performing software installation and deployments
· Maintain configuration management database
· Setup and maintain development, test, and production environments
· Provide input to development teams from a system administrator perspective
· Implement and maintain system health and performance monitors and alerts
· Collaborate with development teams to resolve system health and performance issues and risks
· Perform capacity planning for hardware resources
· Migrate existing systems and setup new systems in a cloud hosting provider
· Manage Windows and SQL updates
· Develop SQL, Powershell, and/or bat scripts to automate software testing tasks.
· Implement and recommend security controls
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
· 5+ years of professional experience as a devops engineer, system administrator, and/or software developer
· Solid understanding of DevOps concepts, including different deployment techniques, blue/green environments, etc.
· Experience deploying to production environments, not just test environments
· Experience setting up an automated build and delivery pipeline preferably for Microsoft Windows services, Microsoft Windows desktop applications, and websites hosted in IIS.
· Experience automating processes using Powershell
· Experience automating setup of virtual machines
· SQL experience
· Experience scripting: Powershell (preferred) or Python scripting, writing automation code
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
· .Net development experience
· Windows Server Administration exposure/experience
· Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google is as a plus
· Understanding of security principles
· Experience working within short development cycles using agile (Scrum) methods
· Experience as an administrator of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Apply by creating/using account