Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My direct client in Boston, MA is hiring a Cloud Engineer for a long-term contract with the possibility of hire.
Location: Boston, MA (Seaport)
Duration: 6+ months with possibility of hire
Rate: Competitive and including great benefits, including a very flexible work schedule/WFH policy
Start Date: ASAP
About the Role
The Cloud Engineering team combines software and systems engineering to ensure the efficient operation of the cloud platform services. Cloud Engineering values reliability and uptime appropriate to the business needs and objectives with a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. Cloud Engineering builds practical tools that automate repetitive tasks, monitors infrastructure, ensures high availability, improves scale and provides key performance metrics about the cloud assets and resources in use. Cloud Engineering champions security, architectural and operational best practices throughout the development and cloud infrastructure lifecycle.
* Core responsibilities are both the technical and strategic aspects of site reliability, automation, governance, storage and backups, change management, cost optimization, demand forecasting and capacity planning, resource provisioning, monitoring, and business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency response.
* Analysis and resolution of performance and availability issues affecting users and internal stakeholders
* Systems programming and/or automation activities to solve complex problems associated with running large-scale, multi-tenant, production environments
* Build, migrate, operate and improve the cloud infrastructure's security posture and operational capabilities
* Lead the way to an automated, reliable, secure, scalable and cost-effective cloud
* Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
* Participate in incident resolution processes driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
* Instrument existing code and/or write performance-dedicated applications to enable fine-grain tracking and analysis of performance bottlenecks
* Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
* Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing automation tools and frameworks, capacity planning as well as operational and security reviews prior to launch.
* Identify and drive opportunities to improve operational workflows
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 1+ years experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms
* 1-3+ years of experience as a Site-Reliability/Operations administration role of customer-facing, high-availability, large scale web-based applications
* 1-3+ years of Linux/Unix administration
* 1-3+ years of Python, Ruby, Java, Bash or similar languages
* Ability to apply critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes
* Effective collaboration with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* A results driven focuses. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
* Enthusiasm for cloud technology, automation and learning
* Flexibility and adaptability to switch gears effectively and easily copes with complexity and change
* Focus on value delivery to the business by identifying areas for improvement
* Prior successful experience as a systems administrator, DevOps or site reliability engineer
* Mastery of Linux/Unix
* Mastery in Python, Ruby, Java, Bash or similar languages
* Administrative experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, monitoring, maintaining Linux infrastructure
* Experience analyzing logs using tools, such as Splunk or ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
* Experience using Orchestration Tools, such as Puppet or Chef etc.
* Experience using monitoring tools, such as Datadog, NewRelic, Collectd, Grafana etc.
* Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing).
* Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* A passion for operational excellence
* Certifications: AWS SysOps Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS DevOps Professional
Apply by creating/using an account