Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Product Manager
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: Direct Hire
Start: Ideally ASAP
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including ideation with stakeholders, requirements gathering, user-insights and data analysis, road-mapping, user story generation and prioritization, quality assurance testing, sprint leadership, and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance.
The successful candidate will combine business and technical acumen with an intimate understanding of the content publishing and digital advertising space. This person will have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly to perform this leadership role effectively and independently.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Flexible and open to change
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills. Ability to multi-task, work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
• Proven ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into product requirements/user stories
• In-depth understanding of user experience
• Strong analytical skills - understands and utilizes metrics
• Takes initiative to investigate and formulate recommendations
• Collaborates and an effective team player
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
35% Agile Team Management
Define product w/ associated KPIs
Translate product goals into business & technical requirements
Manage the product lifecycle
Manage scrum team roadmap & backlog based on overall roadmap priorities & business objectives (advertising, sales, marketing, edit, etc)
30% Strategic Thinking
Create a strategy for the product, translate strategy into the product roadmap
Market trends & opportunities
Target audience research and analysis
Ongoing competitive research and analysis
35% Analysis & Insights
• Define parameters to be tracked and analyzed
• Analyze KPIs to maximize consumer engagement, enhancing user experience & communicate findings to digital leads
• Recommend improvement, testing, enhancement plans based on evolving performance
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required, or equivalent education and experience.
•5+ years' experience in digital product/project management or related experience with multiple products launches in an Agile environment
•Hands-on in defining objectives & producing deliverables in a fast-paced environment
•Demonstrates experience managing the full product development lifecycle
•Strong blend of analytical, decision-making & creative solving skills
•Technical expertise necessary to guide implementation
•Excellent communication & presentation skills
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Apply by creating/using account