Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Des Moines, IA
Type: Direct Hire
**Our client has openings for both a Senior Business Analyst (6+ years of experience) and a Business Analyst (3+ years of experience).
The Business Analyst is responsible for serving as liaison between internal customers, development teams, and third parties. An individual in this role will collect, analyze, report, develop, document, communicate business requirements, provide training, and support user testing to achieve business goals. The Business Analyst will continually seek opportunities to increase user satisfaction, deepen relationships, and effectively manage user expectations.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with IT professionals to determine if appropriate internal or external solutions currently exist, or whether new solutions are required and feasible. An individual in this role will take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems. The Business Analyst is responsible for proactively identifying technology opportunities that support business strategies and performance.
The Business Analyst will educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology. An individual in this role should display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language. The Business Analyst will work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups/stakeholders. Strong leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills are also required.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides the link between the client, development/project team and any third party regarding solution functionality, throughout the project and/or application development lifecycle
• Manages day-to-day change requests in relation to project plan to ensure deadlines are met.
• Designs and executes test scenarios and test scripts, including the coordination of project and user staff in the execution of test plans, to eliminate issues before work product is turned over/delivered
• Engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Provides regular and succinct communication, reports, and status information to management and stakeholders as required
• Collects, understands, and documents business requirements for projects; translate requirements into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
• Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities, and advises on options.
• Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements such as the business environment, business vision, business rules, risks, and information pertinent to the stakeholder.
• Builds use cases to identify functional requirements to satisfy business needs.
• Analyzes user operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
• Communicates business needs to technical staff effectively; simplifies and communicates complex technical information for non-technical staff.
Ad Hoc Data Requests
• Uses moderately complex SQL to extract data, create reports and to test processes
• Provides clear and concise summary - either written or verbal - of ad-hoc query results to manager and/or internal users
General support activities
• Provides end-user assistance, training on new systems, systems enhancements/changes
• Assists with creating reports and presentations as required
• Provides project planning support
• Provides assistance in business case development (i.e., research, data collection)
• Analyzes performance metrics to ensure user satisfaction.
• Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent training and/or work experience.
Minimum 3 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
Requires experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
Proficiency in IIBA principles and practices
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must have ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing. Basic analytical and organizational skills. Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Basic presentation skills necessary.
Apply by creating/using an account