Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My direct client in Baltimore, MD is hiring a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire. The ideal candidate must have extensive cloud based data engineering experience, experience with EMR (Presto, Spark, or other open source) and experience with Scala, Java, or Python!
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire
Start Date: ASAP
Must be US Citizen or Green card Holder
This Global Technology team is playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. The Data Domain services team is a new team which was established to build new capabilities for the firm's research, data science, machine learning, and business analytics efforts. This is a very young team, enabling you to make an impact from the onset. The team is at the forefront of innovation as we embark on building capabilities to transform large amounts of structured and unstructured data such as text, time series, and events into machine-readable knowledge fueling applications and the investment decision making process.
The ideal candidate is someone who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking. The team is responsible for the ingestion and processing of large, disparate datasets and application of advanced statistical and machine learning methods to produce models and prescriptive data that result in better decisions by our Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and Traders, Quants and / or applications. SDLC - Agile team running standard 2 week sprints (Resources must be familiar and have experience working in an agile environment)
• Engineer world-class products with maximum efficiency and agility
• Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes and standards
• Interact with Quants and Analysts to understand their workflows and requirements
• Collaborate with your engineering manager to enable a fit-for-purpose application portfolio consistent with the target architecture and operating model
• Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata
• Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers
• Ensure excellent customers relationships This position is client facing and the soft skill match is extremely important, as candidates will need to be able to communicate at a high level.
Additional Job Details:
Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of progressive engineering experience with 2+ years in Data Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years designing and building large scale data loading, manipulation, processing, analysis, blending and exploration solutions using open source, cloud based technologies and using Scala, Java, Python and SQL languages
• Strong knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena, Google Big Query, S3, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Redshift, RDS, Aurora, AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS and NoSQL database e.g. Dynamo/HBase/Cassandra, KDB/OneTick
• Experience in extracting, aggregating, structuring and optimizing performance of large data sets along different dimensions (e.g. position/ instrument/ counterparty level)
• Strong interpersonal skills; Able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, analysts, traders and senior business people alike • Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment
• Advanced Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing, Quantitative Finance or other Quantitative, Numerical or Computing discipline
• Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
• Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
• Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
• Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools – e.g. NiFi, Airflow, Luigi, Cascading, Scalding, Flink, Storm, Flask, NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
• Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
• Working knowledge of data science and data analytics technologies e.g. Domino Data Labs, Data Bricks, Jupyter
Core Capabilities & Attributes:
• Exceptional technology skills; Recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
• Craftsman-like approach to building software; Takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values within the team and others o Participating in the design of effective engineering processes o Product development expertise o Craftsmanship & engineering discipline o Domain skills & experience
• A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying logic analysis, experience and business knowledge
• Possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
• Ensure and manage excellent customer's relationships
• Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
If qualified and interested please email a current copy of your resume to Mark at Mark.Kindy@mondo.com
Apply by creating/using an account