Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Technology Innovation Lead• Collaborates seamlessly and successfully throughout the organization with support areas such marketing, sales, public relations, legal and compliance, as well as other IT groups
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: Direct Hire
Salary: Open DOE
Technology Innovation Lead
Are you an innovator? Are you passionate about new innovations? Are you excited to uncover the next big thing? Are you just as excited when an idea fails? Are you amazed at how terrible some products and experiences are? Do you see opportunities for innovation all over the place? Do you love to look at new products and see what could actually help
people? Do you love talking to people and better understanding what will and won't work for them? Are you intrigued by new
business models that keep popping up every day? Do you enjoy asking random people questions that have the potential to lead to "ah-ha” moments? Do you have conversations with colleagues about a new startup or a new technology and why it's awesome or terrible? If you answered, "YES!” to all of these questions, we want you to join the Innovation group.
We're seeking Technology Innovation Leads to join our team! Summary
Technology Innovation Leads will align to the Innovation @ our client and be part of an innovation "pod” to help create, design, prototype, and launch products, services, experiences, and even businesses that disrupt the insurance and financial services industry. An innovation "pod” is a cross-functional group of product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business leads. You'll be an instrumental member of the team, engaging directly with users, and working to uncover key unmet needs, assess the desirability, viability, and feasibility of potential opportunities and rapid-prototype solutions to big problems, then get it to market, often in partnership with teams throughout the company.
You'll specifically be responsible for determining the "feasibility” of opportunities creating low to medium fidelity prototypes with users and helping the team assess the technological possibilities and probabilities in bringing an idea to market. If the team discovers an idea that is supported by user needs, you'll partner with designers and researchers to help define and design the concept, then quickly create a prototype to brainstorm against, take into research testing with real users and iterate as more is learned. And, if we go forward, you'll be involved in helping figure out the right technology and architecture to bring that idea to market quickly.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative technologist to participate in a true user-centered approach to innovation at a large company across the insurance and financial services industries in a fast-paced environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key member of the pod, where collaboration with product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business/finance leads to the best outcome
• Identifies and clearly articulates innovation concepts as well as key business hypothesis and assumptions, and works with the team to convert these to knowledge and facts to facilitate the innovation decision-making process
• Participates in creating dynamic business models through a data-driven process leveraging the expertise, methodologies, and tools utilized by the team
• Engages in the identification of market potential, product-market-fit strategy, establishing go-to-market strategies, estimation of potential revenues, operational support strategy, distribution analysis, market and product positioning
• Leverages the Business Model Canvas and its components as a scorecard for the customer discovery process and the foundational plan
• Identifies the operational model, cost structures, and resource requirements.
• Works with the cross-functional team and team leader to set business and product metrics and goals to measure success and track those goals
• Identifies optimal scaling plans for bringing products/services to the broader organization and works with cross-functional partners to actively transition initiatives to the core business, new business line or other entity (including spin out options)
• Involved in all aspects of determining the business viability of opportunities as they develop and evolve through the innovation process.
• Adheres to the process and decision-making steps in assessing and developing the building blocks of a viable business and business model
• Understands that failure is part of the innovation process. Institutionalizes learning from productive failures
• Utilizes and encourages a startup or entrepreneurial mindset
• Participates in user-driven innovation process (aka "design thinking”)
• Helps to translate consumer and end-user needs into products, services, experiences, and businesses that solve needs and creates value
• Supports and participates in rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers, and iterates aggressively to arrive at solutions that exceed customer expectations and creates new value and points of differentiation.
• Understands and represents the voice of the user ( "the who”), clearly defines the right problems to solve ( "the what”) and ensures the right end-to-end solutions to solve them ( "the how”)
• Keeps a pulse on industry movement and activities, and remains on top of key trends within insurance, financial services, & startups.
• Keep a pulse on technology best practices and be on top of key emerging technology trends.
• Anticipates where relevant companies, trends, and technologies might be going and informs strategies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Technology Feasibility & Rapid Prototyping:
• Provide technology, engineering, and development perspective on opportunities and ideas the innovation pod explores and designs
• Identify possibilities, probabilities, & show stoppers, along with high level scoping
• Collect requirements using a multitude of techniques, including workflow diagrams, site maps, and other artifacts that help us understand the potential future of the opportunity
• Assist in evaluating third-party technologies and products forming a point of view on if and how to work with it
• Engage with technology teams throughout our client to identify connection points and ways to accelerate innovation opportunities
• As opportunity progresses, support of development process, including requirements, multiple development methodologies, and testing processes
• Solid understanding of our client platforms and systems to inform innovations under consideration
• Create low to medium fidelity prototypes for testing and proof of concept (utilizing key tools or written code)
• Iterate prototypes quickly based on feedback from users and the team
• Work with designers and researchers to quickly bring ideas to life based on user needs
Typical Skills and Experiences:
The ideal candidate will have experienced how prototyping tools, agile and iterative development, and lean startup mindsets allow teams to move quickly through product design. And, you should be comfortable sharing / evangelizing your ideas with
the cross-functional team and getting feedback to get to a better outcome. You should possess a quick and keen understanding of past, current and future business strategy, development methodologies, technologies, design patterns, and
current trends. Your ability to communicate and influence solutions that best meet user needs and business objectives will be critical. You'll be counted on for high-level, out-of-the-box thinking, for your ability to clearly articulate the decisions
behind your executions, and for your ability to analyze the results of testing and recommend winning solutions.
If interested, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by creating/using an account