Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Waukegan, IL
Duration: Contract to Hire
The candidate will assist in leading the efforts in assessing needs and establishing processes and procedures for overall system change control and configuration management. Prior experience in facilitating requirements, consensus building and translating to functional specifications and design requirements is a necessity. Must have over seven years of the following requirements: Extensive facilitation experience of senior business personnel, with proven cases of driving this personnel toward the consensus of solutions. Senior management presentation skills. Business process re-engineering design and implementation skills. Experience in leading the transformation of business process requirements into the design and development of system applications. Proven systems development life cycle experience from Planning through Analysis, Design, Implementation, Conversion, and Support. Strong team building expertise to manage cross-divisional teams. Strong project scope management skills. Competencies: Senior management/executive management experience. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Executive presence and presentation capability. 12 or more years in IT. Strong business background. Project management skills. SDLC. Qualifications: Bachelor of Science degree minimum. Advanced knowledge and understanding of IT concepts.
Our client is looking for DevOps Engineers to help automate platform/application builds. As a DevOps engineer, you'll be responsible for managing our software and cloud-based infrastructure. We are looking for someone to write the code that automatically deploys software, configures them properly and monitors them 24/7. The perfect candidate has a passion for all things tech.. and a keen ability to get the software to do what you want.
We're looking for loads of aptitude, love for machines, and demonstrable interest in both past and present roles. This is an extremely hands-on and engaging role with lots of responsibility, interesting challenges, and exposure to cutting-edge tech.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing IT DevOps team and to mentor junior IT DevOps Engineers.
• Provision, operate and maintain systems running on AWS
• Research and document best practices, engineering standards and required SLC deliverables
• Specific focus on DevOps support of Big Data initiatives
• Focus on performance and load testing and Reliability engineering/monitoring
DevOps Engineer should possess the following qualities in order to have a flourishing career:
• Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment and providing oversight for quality control
• Understanding and focus on business outcomes
• Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
• Provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
• Architect and design web-based applications on Cloud Amazon AWS.
• Experience with one or more scripting language such as Ruby, Python, Bash or Perl
• Used, programmed against AWS/ Google Cloud/ OpenStack/ Private Hosted environments
• Experience administering/configuring RHEL Servers
• Ability to set up web servers, run virtual machines
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Amazon EMR.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source automation tools for provisioning infrastructure (Terraform) and configuration management (Chef, Puppet)
• Ability to code and script in support of infrastructure management
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, and Elasticsearch
• Experience with build frameworks and technologies such as ANT, MAVEN, Nexus and Artifactory.
• Manage upgrades
• Experience in administration and configuration of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
• Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS for different regions. Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions.
• Experience administering AWS services and features such as Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, and S3.
• Knowledge & experience of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS Knowledge of configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewalls and VPN tunnels
• Experience in understanding network file systems, FTP, SSL and SNMP in the context of configuration and build activities
• Working experience of writing Database queries in MySQL, ORACLE, SQL SERVER, DB2 platform using tools like TOAD
If interested and qualified, please send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by creating/using an account