Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Network Technician
Duration: 12+ Month Contract
Location: Green Oaks, IL
Rate: Open DOE
Start: January 2nd, 2018
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
The candidate would be responsible for solution design for our client's Global Wide Area and Border Network. This position will serve as the technical lead for projects involving complex planning for WAN sites including acquisition/divestiture activities as well as provide Level IV support for Implementation and Operations. The candidate will lead feasibility studies of new technologies, detailed design creation, and proposal preparation for WAN / Border related initiatives. Responsible for timely interaction with customers of the platform, peer technologists, and senior management.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
• Develop network security infrastructure solutions including financial analysis of technical alternatives to meet business requirements.
• Defines plans and designs innovative enterprise Wide Area Network infrastructure solutions, including the integrated financial analysis of alternatives across technology disciplines to meet business requirements.
• Defines the architecture and product standards for Wide Area Networking and WAN Optimization.
• Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with key stakeholder and consumers of the service.
• Serve as the platform technical subject matter expert and provide consulting support to the business and end-user organizations.
• Produce and maintain timely, accurate engineering documentation to support implementation, operations support, and quality/compliance requirements.
• Lead technical projects focused on the enhancement of existing network security infrastructure.
• Perform technology evaluations including analysis and proof of concept testing.
• The ability to provide clear and concise technical documentation that is understandable to both the technical community and senior management.
• Frequently interacts with supplier technical staff including product development and engineering teams.
• Partners with our client's Cybersecurity organization in conducting security and vulnerability assessments to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices.
• Responsible for assisting Cybersecurity with updates to key IT security policies and guidelines.
• Provides technical direction and mentors less experienced staff to promote the internal development of the technical team.
• Integrates technical expertise with communication, leadership and business skills in a team environment.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE
• Demonstrates mastery of the concepts and theory of network security, and possess adept knowledge of data networking, including expertise in switching, routing, directory services, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
• Demonstrates knowledge of encryption protocols, as well as means for compromising systems based on known vulnerabilities.
• Demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach and excellent communications skills.
• Supports our client's global data network operations support staff worldwide.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and makes architecture roadmaps and or recommendation based on these trends.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, or another related field.
Preferred: MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Telecommunications. Certifications: : CISSP, CCNP, CCSE, CCIE
Minimum Experience / Training Required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 5-7 years WAN experience with multinational enterprises of 5000+ users
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and expertise in routing protocols including OSPF and BGP.
• Experience with WAN acceleration technologies, CoS/QoS, and Netflow based analytics
• Prior experience engineering solutions at the network level for Acquisition / Separation activity.
• Experience with Network Infrastructure Virtualization
• Experience in healthcare related industries a plus
Experience with the following products/environments preferred:
• Cisco ASA
• Cisco Routers
• Riverbed WAN Optimizers
• Check Point Firewalls
• Client (McAfee) IPS and ATD devices
• Bluecoat ProxySG
• Citrix Netscaler
• F5 Load Balancer (GTM and LTM)
• Cisco Routers and Switches
• Cisco ACI
Apply by creating/using account