Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 12+ Month Contract
Rate: Open DOE
Interview Process: 1 Phone Interview then Decision
My client is searching for a hands-on software engineer to work as part of a cross-functional development team to design, build, and automate the network forecast, telemetry, performance monitoring, failure prediction, workflow engine and configuration management systems for our client's nationwide IP and Optical backbone. This position will need a good understanding of networks, as well as emerging information management technologies like Big Data and Machine Learning. This job function resides within the Network Engineering team which collaborates with various engineering and operational teams to sustain the best network experience for our customers. The Network Engineering teams are responsible for reliability, performance, scalability, quality and availability of the Nationwide Backbone Network.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Work on the design, development, testing, and documentation of new network-focused software applications and automation.
• Lead and propose solution design activities, including data modeling, data repository, data transformation, and analytics.
• Develop and deploy technologies such as RESTful APIs, software front-ends, and data visualizations to influence internal and external teams to adopt, support and integrate automation initiatives directly into operational systems and processes.
• Develop analytics tools to ensure we anticipate and adapt to changing trends across the network.
• Create actionable recommendations to address changes in network trends through real-time analysis and modeling of quantitative data.
• Evaluate new and emerging software technologies for implementation.
• Automate and consolidate some existing platforms and tools.
• Create platforms and other application prototypes quickly.
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Familiarity with the integration of data into operational processes through the use of RESTful APIs and software applications.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark, and HBase or other 'NoSQL' platforms for Big Data warehousing and analytics.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to work as part of cross-functional teams.
• Understanding of basic network fundamentals, including TCP/IP routing, MPLS, BGP, capacity planning and routing/switching hardware.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, written, and verbal communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis to both teammates and leadership.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems.
• Experience in software architecture, design, development, and deployment of large and distributed systems.
• Data analytics, data mining, and/or machine learning experience.
• UNIX system administrator background.
• Prior experience working for a network service provider with 99.999% uptime expectations.
If interested and well qualified, please send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by creating/using an account