Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
Location: Bethesda, MD
Start Date: ASAP
A client of ours in the Bethesda, MD area is looking for a Dev Ops/MySQL Admin to join our digital/ecommerce team. Our digital/ecommerce team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining our ecommerce site. The primary responsibilities of Devops/MySQL admin are system administration of linux systems, installation of OS patches, installation of software/servers, administration of apache, mod-proxy, and tomcat, administration and customization of JIRA, administration of SVN & Jenkins, automation of system process, and mysql database administration. Our ideal candidate will have experience with linux administration, administration of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Sonar Cube, and SVN, administration of apache, mod-proxy, and tomcat, mysql database administration, and demonstrated ability to learn and implement new tools and systems.
• Monitor, alert, and report the heath of production of production and non-production systems.
• Coordinate with internal development/production support team and hosting provider to address issues in production and non-production systems.
• Coordinate with hosting provider to install patches and upgrades to Linux, MySQL, and Apache Http Server.
• Handle as-needed support requests for infrastructure issues (disk space, network connectivity, etc.)
• Install and configure software such as MySQL, apache, mod-proxy, SOLR, and hybris (e-commerce platform)
• Work with development and production support teams on capacity planning
• Develop and maintain tools, scripts, and processes to optimize the production and non-production tasks such as deployment, monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
• Use tools such as Puppet, Chef to automate deployment processes.
• Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot issues with MySQL database performance
Preferred Experience and Skills
Experience is important. To set you apart:
• 3 to 5 years of experience with Linux
• 1 to 2 years of experience MySQL database administration
• 2 to 3 years of experience with installation and configuration of linux services such as Apache, MySQL, mod-proxy, etc.
• 1 to 2 years of experience with administration, configuration, and customization of tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, SVN, Puppet, and Chef• Experience with Linux administration and shell scripting
• Solid understanding and experience with apache, mod_proxy, tomcat, SVN, and JIRA
• Knowledge of build automation, as well as experience with CI systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, or Cruise Control
• Experience with MySQL database configuration and administration
• Experience in an Agile development environment and Continuous Integration
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
If interested & qualified—Please send the most updated version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks & I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Sarah My S
Apply by creating/using account