Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My direct client, a proven Fortune 500 leader in cyber-security, is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer (aka Systems Engineer)
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Duration: Full time
The Site Reliability Engineering Team is a global team that supports mission critical high transaction cloud based server applications. The group is responsible for providing engineering operations support to our production systems. This involves developing software and tools to enable the continuous delivery of our applications, build and maintain comprehensive monitoring tools, and work to analyze technical requirements and develop appropriate solutions. We are currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with the experience outlined below to join our team in supporting our Applications.
• Help develop and maintain our Continuous Integration practice and environments for Norton Engineering.
• Work with multiple development teams to deploy code, maintain and enhance infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain auto-scaling monitoring and performance analysis tools in a large-scale dynamic environment.
• Start and lead technical troubleshooting sessions
• Provide technical insight on development projects
• Assist with capacity planning
• Assist with creation and tuning of monitoring tools
• Communicate regularly with globally dispersed teams
• Build relationships with external teams, and resources
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
• 8+ Years' Experience as a Software Engineer and/or Developer working on complex customer-facing applications and services
• Experience designing, implementing, and running applications in public Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
• Operational Automation and CI/CD experience (RunDeck, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, GIT)
• Expertise in UNIX / LINUX / Solaris / Windows Operating Systems
• Development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, Bash, Groovy, C#, C++ languages, .NET framework
• Strong experience with Public (AWS, Google) and Private (Openstack, VMWare) Cloud technologies
• Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, Graphite, LogStash, etc)
• NoSQL Database experience (Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, Redis)
• Clear understanding of software development lifecycle
• Experience with Oracle Database query tools, including the ability to write complex SQL queries, and Oracle DB monitoring tools
• Solid Networking experience; CCNA certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex network architecture (Firewall, Load Balancer, DNS, Routing, Switching)
• Understanding of Client/server/database architecture
• Able to articulate strong stance for product quality and customer satisfaction, balancing business goals and commitments with quality objectives
• Proven track record of delivery and commitment to customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work effectively in globally distributed team structure
• Be able to isolate defects effectively and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
• Experience working with .NET Applications
Apply by creating/using account