Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: MDM Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 12 Month Contract to Hire
Start Date: ASAP
The IT Technical Lead for Master Data Management will be responsible for the configuration, development and maintenance of the EBX5 Master Data Management solution from Orchestra Networks for Client to support global operations, global processes and global reporting initiatives.
This individual will possess team collaboration capabilities, business acumen, as well as proven experience in driving projects and delivering significant business impact. The IT Technical Lead will collaborate closely with the Orchestra Networks implementation team as well as the Client Business Intelligence team. Excellent leadership, communication and relationship skills and technical capabilities are key to the success of this role.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Master Data, the IT Technical Lead will be counted on to complete short and long term deliverables for the organization's technology needs and goals that align with the Mission, Vision and Focus of the organization.
· Manages source control and branching strategy and execution for the Enterprise Master Data team.
· Ensures successful deployments of monthly releases to all environments (production and non-production).
· Creates technical documentation based on business and functional requirements. Ensures documentation is complete by all development team members (Client and vendor resources).
· Decomposes high level Use Cases into specific tasks in Team Foundation Server.
· Designs and develops java extensions to the EBX5 application by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
o Specific EBX5 Activities:
§ Write User Exits (pre-loading, post-loading into the EBX5 repository)
§ Write Java scripts for customizing the EBX5 interface
§ Develop custom themes and perspectives in EBX5
§ Use out-of-the-box applets and develop custom applets
§ Develop messages for downstream systems and consuming systems using the JMS (Java Messaging System)
§ Customize EBX5 workflows
· Ensures test scripts and testing has been completed for each release cycle. Will be responsible for creating a portion of the test scripts as well.
· Performs analysis and remediation of second-level support issues that are raised to the development team.
· Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
· Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Create and align with change execution plans, ensuring a smooth migration from old systems or processes to new ones. Conducts the monthly Operational Readiness Review meeting prior to each production deployment.
· Ensures that system improvements are successfully deployed and provides production support for newly implemented or existing applications. Occasional off-hours work required to minimize impact to end user community due to database and code implementations or production support.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE / EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
· Requires 7 (or more) years of management experience in an IT, field or functional capacity
· Proven experience leading large and complex projects and environments.
· Computer and technical skills are essential, but equally important are management abilities.
· Ability to analyze a problem and pick the best and most cost-effective solution.
· Ability to solve problems outside of the initial area of expertise.
· Experience with SDLC methods and practices.
· Ability to present to and interface with customers, both business and IT, in order to counsel, recommend and implement successful, cost effective IT solutions.
· Strong business planning skills to assist with the execution of strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Posses a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
· Strong experience using SOAP and Restful Web Services for data communication between remote systems
· Experience in development & support of integration components & web services; SnapLogic knowledge and API integration a plus.
· Demonstrated development skills on UNIX, Linux, in Java, and Oracle associated technical disciplines (SQL scripts, PL/SQL, etc.)
· Experience with Oracle databases and technologies
· Experience with change control processes, code migration and management tools is required (TFS, etc)
· Testing, change management, production support experience, time management skills required
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university ideally with a concentration in IT or (related discipline / equivalent work experience); an advanced degree is desirable, but not required.
The IT Technical Lead must be self-confident but also have the ability to network and influence behaviours/actions through listening, persuasion and diplomacy. She/he should have well developed people skills, as well as strong analytical and reasoning skills. The successful placement must have a strong sense of commitment to the company and the position, and be enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
· A leader with business savvy who possesses the maturity, drive, patience and knowledge necessary to work throughout the organization to lead the building of a world-class technology organization.
· A team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors.
· Proven self starter
· An effective communicator who thinks strategically and has a strong customer service orientation.
· Independent thinker; capable of managing vendors and peers
· Action oriented; not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves and get into the details of a business.
· Participative management style – advocates team concept.
· Sound judgment and good communication skills; able to communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers.
· Articulate individual who understands the business and can talk about it both internally and externally.
· Effectively deals with ambiguity and holds him/herself accountable regardless of responsibility.
· Drive changes by influencing others and explaining the benefits of a given course or action
If qualified and interested, please respond with updated resume to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by creating/using account